Hello Everyone! I've been working on this for about a month and a half now, working on it about an hour and a half every other day, and it's finally done! The game is called Uncle Jack's Revenge and it's a simple, (but not so simple) logic game involving pennies!
- Your goal is to NOT take the last penny.
- There are 3 rows: The first row with 5 pennies, the second row with 4 pennies, and the third row with 3 pennies.
- You are allowed to take as many pennies as you want from any COLUMN, but not from multiple rows.
- Singleplayer support with intelligent AI
- Supports multiplayer with a friend
- Full instructions/Reset game function
- Fully mouse OR keyboard controlled with tabs and buttons that support the enter key
- Made with C# and .NET 3.5 Framework
- Full application install with Desktop shortcut
- Windows application color scheme: No gaudy looking UI
As you can see, I'm really excited!
This is actually my first fully featured Windows Form program. Although I'm really excited, I know that there are probably bugs, there are some parts that could be better design wise, and there are probably smarter programming techniques than the ones I used, even though I very much tried not to brute-force any of my code, and I really do like and feel good about my code. I've added the source code and all the resources, (pictures) that I used to code the program, and I mean ALL of them, from the Program.cs, to the Designer.cs. If you find a bug, or something else to help fix the program, PLEASE TELL ME, or if you feel like helping me out a bit, look through the code and see if you can find it yourself. I would GREATLY appreciate it.
If you want to spread this all over the interwebz, specifically, the games section of the CodeCall forums, *hint* *hint*, I don't mind except for 2 conditions:
- Keep the source code out when you share it. I only want the code to be here on the CodeCall forums, because I really like you guys, and you've been really supportive of all of my questions, and I love the feel of the community here. Therefore, I've given you a small bit of trust to the code I release. So, if you send it to any other sites out there, keep the code out. If they want to tinker with it, I want them to come here, and see the cool forums too.
- Please give credit to me. I have been working on this for a very long time, and I feel that the AI in this program is some of the best coding work I've ever done. So tell them who made it, and don't rip me off please.
I think that's it! If I missed something, I'll edit it in the future. I might add a screenshot if you ask for it as well, although, it's not mind-blowing or anything. Oh, and believe me, there's no virus if you get it from here anyway, I uploaded it myself, and if it does, the internet apocalypse happened, and demons are now flowing out from your computer. Anyway, as always, thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoy!
3/21/2013 - 22.214.171.124 - First Full Release
3/27/2013 - 126.96.36.199 - Bug Fixes, and a better looking penny-removal animation and a better AI loading indicator, (the mouse-cursor shows the traditional loading circle). Also, if you hit "Enter" when your tab function is on anything besides instructions, it will automatically send in your next move.
Edited by LinkChef, 27 March 2013 - 07:34 PM.