Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Site design review..

programming thecodingguys c# html css design

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CriticalError

CriticalError

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

So basically like usual I love changing my site design from this to that, it never feels fresh or maybe I get jealous of other site designs :)

But to the point, I feel my site design is kinda dull and recently I launched my blog I moved from blogger and built a custom system http://blog.thecodingguys.net I showed it to my mate and he was like "Cool design - better than main site" Now too me it looks good. I would like your opinions though.

Now the main site has a complete different design and I though well since the blog is complete different there is no consistency within the sites so I'd have to change it, more or less the main site design is similar to the blog. The main site is here http://www.thecodingguys.net. That design is old and completely different from the blog, here is currently what's in development on my machine:

site-design 2013.GIF

What do people think of this design? The footer is not in the screen shot but it is full width black background just as the blog. Can anyone give me some great design tips ./ feedback I am a really c*** designer lol.

I will probably change the site after a lot of feedback...

PS: The search bar is in-line just zoomed out when taking screen-shot

Edited by CriticalError, 21 March 2013 - 03:54 PM.

#2 BlackRabbit

BlackRabbit

CodeCall Legend

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3871 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Transact-SQL, Bash, Others
  • Learning:Java, Others

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:45 AM

Well, I wouldn't say the design is a critical error :P

I like the new design, mind the thin letters, in white color, they doesn't go that well with the textured pattern

#3 CriticalError

CriticalError

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

So that blue background with the white does not fit? And you suggesting the text can be bigger ?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: programming, thecodingguys, c#, html, css, design

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download