Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      18 Aug
    KodeKool

When faced with a wall of errors and no hope to fix them, remember the following "Programs always do what you tell them to, and seldom what you want them to, but eventually you'll run out of things that can go wrong and it'll just work. and that's the secret to good programming."

Show comments (2)
  • Photo
      11 Aug
    Error

Should I be practicing programming every day? I feel if I don't, I'll get instantly rusty or something.

Show comments (4)
View All Updates

Developed by Kemal Taskin
Photo
- - - - -

How to pass many arguments/parametars to runinng python programm

background application sending arguments

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 squirll

squirll

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:31 AM

Hello,
I have python program who accept argument on start from CLI and check that argument in memcached base, do output of result and close. Thats working ok but problem is that I have ~2000 hits in seconds for that programm so he make big load on my server.
I figurate to make program who will be run in background and recieve data from other program, open thread get result and output that result. I think that will reduce my server load alot.
Problem is that I dont know how to pass argument/parametars to runing python programm.It will be comunication between two programs (one of them is python)
How to do that? What all options i have?

#2 BlackRabbit

BlackRabbit

CodeCall Legend

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,289 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

I'm tempted to say you already got the solution at hand!

you said you already have a memcached base, you can use that or memcached file as parameters repository, so one program writes on there, and the other pulls off the data and makes it its parameters.

#3 squirll

squirll

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:59 AM

I have program who pull data (its python) and program who write (its made in php) i just need to make solution how to pass arguments/parameters to runing python program and that he dont screw my server :) 

Im very close to solution just litle thing stp me :D and that is how to pass to python :)