Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      16 Apr
    Kadence

If you're reading this, you're on my profile and I know you're on my profile because I'm probably viewing yours.

Show comments (6)
  • Photo
      10 Apr
    Poe

Finally (and hopefully) i'm getting a team together that knows a little of this and a little of that; and maybe all my open source projects that are half written can begin to be released. :)

View All Updates
Photo
- - - - -

Most Productive Programming Language

lisp prudctive language

24 replies to this topic

#25 Evan

Evan

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, C#, (Visual) Basic, Perl, Transact-SQL, Bash, Prolog, Others
  • Learning:Others

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:38 AM

It's odd many coders are rooting for a particular language without even asking:  Most productive for what? And how do you measure that productivity?

I think this has been said many times, but its worth hammering it home.

Python, yes its productive for many things; useless if you are creating an O/S in which its probably less productive.

I think the more libraries that a particular language has, generally the more productive it is (assuming like python the modules intergrate nicely, unlike say perl.) 

Also I find people mistake speed for productivity as well. What's the point of writing 10 components in a day, if all 10 are useless, or to slow. Sometimes you need spend time on the core code and make sure that's correct. 

Creating SEGFAULTs since 1995.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lisp, prudctive, language