Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      16 Sep
    Kadence

Some spammers sign up to CC and then they leave their account hidden so they think it won't get noticed but with an obvious name like "SaxophoneRetailSingapore" it's hard not to know they are a spam bot. #ModLife

Show comments (3)
  • Photo
      15 Sep
    Error

Programming is something that I enjoy and want to make a career out of. But, I usually tend to start things and not finish them. Any advice on how I can finish what I start?

Show comments (1)
  • Photo
      12 Sep
    FacetiousTurtle33

Just joined. Really enjoy this sight. Excited to become a great programmer, and helper.

Show comments (3)
View All Updates

Developed by Kemal Taskin
Photo
- - - - -

Hello hello. Bad programmer here

intorduction bad at programming

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 zerolink

zerolink

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Learning:Java, C++, C#

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:07 PM

Hello hello.

I'm zerolink and I'm an awful programmer.

I'm mainly here to ask for help, but if I can, you can be sure I'll provide help. Especially if I get better.

There isn't much to say about myself. In between work and school, I've got no life. I rarely play games or watch tv.

I like challenges though, so even though I suck at programming, I hope to get better at it using this site and other resources.

~Zerolink

#2 Pally

Pally

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, PHP, Python, PL/SQL, Assembly
  • Learning:C++, C#, Lisp, Scheme

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

Hello hello.

I'm zerolink and I'm an awful programmer.

I'm mainly here to ask for help, but if I can, you can be sure I'll provide help. Especially if I get better.

There isn't much to say about myself. In between work and school, I've got no life. I rarely play games or watch tv.

I like challenges though, so even though I suck at programming, I hope to get better at it using this site and other resources.

~Zerolink

Socrates just walked into town, badass

Your Friendly Neighborhood Pally

#3 zerolink

zerolink

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

Socrates just walked into town, badass

How am I like Socrates?

Sorry if I don't understand

#4 Pally

Pally

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

How am I like Socrates?

Sorry if I don't understand

Socrates knew what he did not know, which in turn made him the wisest man.

Thus your likely to become a very good programmer as opposed to others who have the cocky know it all attitude.. same true for anything really 

:D

#5 zerolink

zerolink

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

Socrates knew what he did not know, which in turn made him the wisest man.

Thus your likely to become a very good programmer as opposed to others who have the cocky know it all attitude.. same true for anything really 

:D

Oh! LOl thank you!

Honestly, I find programming to be very difficult. But I'm not good at much else, so I decided to major in COmputer Science at school. It's hard as heck for me and leaves me with no time for anything. But I hope to get good enough at it so that I can make programs to help the world lol

#6 Pally

Pally

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:07 PM

Oh! LOl thank you!

Honestly, I find programming to be very difficult. But I'm not good at much else, so I decided to major in COmputer Science at school. It's hard as heck for me and leaves me with no time for anything. But I hope to get good enough at it so that I can make programs to help the world lol

What classes are you taking, languages are you learning, how long have you been programming for? Just curious where you stand, I struggled with programming on and off for a few years.. wanted to do it but every book I bought was so confusing.. then I got the right book and a focus on a program I wanted to write and everything changed

#7 BlackRabbit

BlackRabbit

CodeCall Legend

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Transact-SQL, Bash, Others
  • Learning:Java, Others

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

Welcome aboard Zerolink,

Relax, we are all bad programmers, it's all about degrees :D

but... shouldn't you be more worried about getting a life than to be a good programmer ? or do you want a Neo in matrix like virtual life? if that's the case, follow the rabbit, not me, the white one, lol

#8 BenW

BenW

CC Devotee

• Community Manager
  • 976 posts
  • Programming Language:ActionScript
  • Learning:ActionScript

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:50 AM

Don't worry - I'm probably the worst programmer here :laugh: there's tons of super smart people who can help out with any problems you might have, though :)

What games are you into? That's more my sort of thing :laugh:

fss_overall.png

#9 zerolink

zerolink

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:05 AM

Lol I work outside of programming. I just took a math minor that I now regret because programming takes up a lot of study time lol. I play every type of video game. Well, everything except puzzle games (except lumines) and tower defense lol

#10 Pally

Pally

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:25 AM

Lol I work outside of programming. I just took a math minor that I now regret because programming takes up a lot of study time lol. I play every type of video game. Well, everything except puzzle games (except lumines) and tower defense lol

The best things I ever did to learn programming was try to program what interested me, so if your into games then I defiantly recommend you start thinking about a cool game (not too ambitious something neat and small) and then go try to program it.. 

this will force you to learn as you go to get to the end goal.. you really can't learn an entire language before doing something productive.. what I've found is you start with an idea and just use the libraries needed to complete the job.. then when all is said and done you've learned a lot of the programming library's.

Anyways the main point being that having a drive to get something done will as a byproduct make you a better programmer.

But yeah the above posts are so true... we are all bad programmers... theres so much I'll never know or be able to learn... so much out there.. so little time in life :D

#11 zerolink

zerolink

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

I'm into games, sorta. But I'm not too into game programming. I just find it fun.

Right now I'm taking Java Programming 2 at my university, but I've been programming shortly (about a year or so, with a long stint of no programming at all), so I'm awful. Right now, I've spent the entire week and a half stuck on this recursive maze solving problem. It's due tomorrow, so I doubt I'll figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm probably gonna fail the course, but I'll just practice during the summer lol

#12 WingedPanther

WingedPanther

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17,038 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:26 AM

Welcome aboard!

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/