Codecall is a great place to get help from other programmers. Here are some tips to help you get an answer as quickly as possible.
Before You Post
- Completely new to forums? Learn about how forums and topics are organized and how to post using the post editor.
- Try searching for existing, similar threads. You may find the answer is already on the boards!
- Check out our extensive programming tutorials for extra help.
Still Can't Find What You need?
- Make sure you're in the relevant board for your question.
- Avoid posting in the tutorial forums!
- Start a new topic rather than hijacking someone else's, unless it's directly relevant.
- If you can't find an appropriate forum, start a thread in our General Programming forum and we'll move it to the correct forum for you!
- Pick a relevant thread title. "When to use global variables in PHP?" is better than "Halp my code doesnt work."
- Show us your source code. It's harder to help you without it!
- Wrap your code in code tags to make it readable. Use the button to insert code tags.
- Explain the problem and what you've already tried to do to fix it.
- Don't expect us to do the work for you! We'll help troubleshoot, but we won't do your homework for you!
- Be polite to people trying to help you, even if they misunderstand the issue.
- If you get an answer that solves the problem, thank the user and press the "Mark as Solved" button.
- If your issue isn't solved after a reply, feel free to reply to the thread again explaining you need more help.
- If you feel a reply to your thread is rude or just spam, use the "Report" button rather than replying to it.
See you on the boards!
Edited by Roger, 07 March 2013 - 10:16 PM.