Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Force printing on A4 landscape format

printing html css landscape

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 hinkeltje

hinkeltje

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:38 AM

While searching the internet for an answer on this question, I found a lot of other people having the same problem. But all questions and answers were old (like 2010 or earlier) and the answers provided weren't doing me any good.

So that's why I ask the question here.

I have an html page that has to be printed. It's a list with actions a certain person has to do that week.

This actionlist has to be printed on A4 landscape format.

Is there any way I can code this so the administration people don't have to manually change the page format for each list?

Any help would be gladly apreciated.

#2 Orjan

Orjan

CC Mentor

• 2918 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:51 AM

the only way I can think of is to generate a PDF with landscape mode to print instead.

I'm a System developer at XLENT Consultant Group mainly working with SugarCRM.
Please DO NOT send mail or PM to me with programming questions, post them in the appropriate forum instead, where I and others can answer you.

#3 hinkeltje

hinkeltje

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:55 AM

Hi Orjan, thanks for your reply. I was a little afraid that would be the answer.

Is there a simple and easy way to transform output to PDF?

#4 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:52 AM

I can see a LOT of problems with this goal, in general. For example, nobody in the US has A4 paper in their printers. The desire to print it on A4 will fail every time on my computers. My default printer prints to PDF, so it gets even worse.

Ultimately, different browsers are also going to behave differently when they go to print, using whatever native print dialogs are present.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#5 hinkeltje

hinkeltje

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:59 AM

Dear WingedPanther, regarding to your note about the problems with persons in the US, that won't be a problem since this is a website just for our company. Only used in The Netherlands and not ever ever to be used outside The Netherlands. That same note valids your A4 'problem'.

So please, don't put me up with any of your so called problems with my goal if you can't help me solving my problem.

Thank you.

#6 BlackRabbit

BlackRabbit

CodeCall Legend

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3871 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:45 AM

In my understanding, CSS can handle it, and when talking CSS I would take a closer look to "orientation", angle , and size.

Take a look at the section properties

And I would also good if you check this link out, it will be very helpful. :D

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download