Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

College Search

college computer scinece search programming technolgoy stem university

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Alcamech

Alcamech

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Programming Language:Python
  • Learning:C, Java, C++, C#, Python, JavaScript

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

Hello there Codecall community I was wondering if any of you here can inform me of any affordable colleges/universities with a good computer science department . I live in the state of South Carolina and on my list I have clemson , College of charleston , full sail , Georgia institute of technology ,and University of Washington .

-I have a 4.1 gpa on a 5 point scale . 

- took the SAT once got a 1444 * I already have planned to take 2 ACT's before my senior year 

- junior year in high school.

- Plan to apply for financial aid and scholarships .

#2 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

*Waves at you from the Upstate*

One thing to consider would be getting your associate's at a two-year college as a first step, such as Tricounty, Greenville, or Spartanburg tech. They'll generally get you half-way to your bachelors at a lot less cost. Just be sure to check with your desired college for how well they transfer credits. Clemson, in particular, doesn't like to accept credits.

Another thing to consider is some of the smaller colleges, such as Furman, etc. Ultimately, you'll need to go to each school and ask to see their typical program of study, costs, scholarship opportunities, etc. Ideally, you'll make them compete for you :)

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: college, computer scinece, search, programming, technolgoy, stem, university

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download