Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      16 Apr
    Kadence

If you're reading this, you're on my profile and I know you're on my profile because I'm probably viewing yours.

Show comments (6)
  • Photo
      10 Apr
    Poe

Finally (and hopefully) i'm getting a team together that knows a little of this and a little of that; and maybe all my open source projects that are half written can begin to be released. :)

View All Updates
Photo
- - - - -

Android Telemetry System

android java nxt

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Fussel

Fussel

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Learning:Java, C++, Bash

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:40 AM

Hi folks,

for a study project we are implementing an Android Telemetry system which will be free to use.

We have mounted an Android phone onto a Lego NXT and receiving the Sensordata over our framework, at the moment we are supporting Camera and GPS. If we get enough feedback we will implement more sensors.

I thought about an model airplane with realtime video streaming an a map which shows the current position, but i think there are several fields of using this.

At the moment we host our project on google code.
http://code.google.com/p/mada-projekt/

Feel free to comment.

#2 BlackRabbit

BlackRabbit

CodeCall Legend

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,952 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Transact-SQL, Bash, Others
  • Learning:Java, Others

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

Very interesting Idea, wich kind of camera will you use from an airplane?

I went to the site, but there is nothing to read on there :(

believe me, "some text" is not very descriptive :D

good luck!

#3 Fussel

Fussel

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

Hi BlackRabbit,

we just use the hardware which is build in the android phone mounted on the airplane. I think the field of smartphones is much more than just surfing on the web.

We'll edit the project wiki after the project deadline which is tomorrow, sadly we have to write a project documentation, a really timeconsuming thing. This documentation is in german, if you are interested to read it i can send you a copy.

thanks

#4 BlackRabbit

BlackRabbit

CodeCall Legend

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,952 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Transact-SQL, Bash, Others
  • Learning:Java, Others

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

I might be interested in reading, but German is one language I can't read.

Still, what gets me more interested about your project is the fact that you will use a cellphone hardware to make readings in a scale that hardware, I think, is not meant to.

The fact of it being high and far on a plane doesn't affect measurement accuracy? Will it be actual aeroplane or like remote controlled?

#5 Luthfi

Luthfi

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  • Programming Language:PHP, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL
  • Learning:C, Java, PHP

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

I visited the google code site, since I am interested to know more. But sadly it's still empty. Except for two line of "titles". However from the "NXT Control Application", I got the impression the project's ultimate target is to control NXT bots using android device.

If my impression is true, are you really going to use android device as controller of the NXT (I don't mean as remote controller, but as the one directly control the bots)?

#6 Fussel

Fussel

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:36 AM

Hi Luthfi,

our presentation about the project is now over. At next I'll update the the project wiki.

I'll also upload our project documentation to the project page.

Yes, the control phone mainly focuses on controlling the NXT over a another Android device which is mounted on the NXT itself. It also receives the telemetrie data from this phone. In this version only the camera images.

To use the telemetrie service you have just add the telemetrie library project into your app and register the services and permissions in the manifest.

Atm I'm done with my exams for the next two weeks, so there should be enough time to update the wiki.

If you need more information feel free to contact me at

coding.fussel(at)googlemail.com

Thanks for your interest in our work.

#7 Luthfi

Luthfi

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  • Programming Language:PHP, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL
  • Learning:C, Java, PHP

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

Okay, I think I will monitor this project. Just keep us posted. Definitely will check out that wiki pages.

#8 Mitchell

Mitchell

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Programming Language:C
  • Learning:C

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:04 PM

I think the field of smartphones is much more than just surfing on the web. I just use the hardware which is build in the android phone mounted on the airplane.