Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      16 Apr
    Kadence

If you're reading this, you're on my profile and I know you're on my profile because I'm probably viewing yours.

Show comments (6)
  • Photo
      10 Apr
    Poe

Finally (and hopefully) i'm getting a team together that knows a little of this and a little of that; and maybe all my open source projects that are half written can begin to be released. :)

View All Updates
Photo
- - - - -

How's your Keyboard

hardware keyboards peripherals

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#25 SFProgrammer

SFProgrammer

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

Stealh version is the same price @ my TigerDirect store

I hope my roommate doesn't figure that out :]
Would ya just watch the hair. Ya know, I work on my hair a long time and you hit it.

#26 sarkons

sarkons

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:54 AM

Yeah i use a wired hp keyboard and its taken a beating for over 5 years.

http://www.supernatu...ht-tastatur.jpg

#27 SFProgrammer

SFProgrammer

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

Yeah i use a wired hp keyboard and its taken a beating for over 5 years.

http://www.supernatu...ht-tastatur.jpg

That's pretty darn clean for 5 years you must have impeccable hygiene :]
Would ya just watch the hair. Ya know, I work on my hair a long time and you hit it.

#28 Henrik

Henrik

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

Since we are talking about mechanical keyboards I feel that it could help the thread to give you some knowledge in what the actual difference is. Almost every mechanical keyboard come with Cherry MX switches. And the different switches are categorised by different colours, all of which have different upsides and downsides.

It is the MX Blue, and the MX Brown which are regarded as the top-notch typing switches. The brown is less tactile than MX Blue, and therefore makes less noise. I really enjoy the tactile response of the blue switches, and the clicky-sound is exhilarating. It should be worth noting that I only use the blue switches in my personal office. I do not think it would be a good idea to bring a keyboard with blue switches to a office. I have the Das Keyboard Ultimate, and I love it.

If you are weighing more towards the gaming brands, I would warn you to not choose anything that uses MX Black, such as the Steelseries 7G. Of all the MX Cherry switches the black one is the one with the highest actuation force required to activate a keystroke. This could result in you feeling tired in your fingers because of the big difference from what you where used to before. And you would not like that, would you? :-)

Source: http://www.overclock...-keyboard-guide

Edited by Henrik, 22 March 2013 - 07:01 PM.

#29 sarkons

sarkons

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:05 PM

That's pretty darn clean for 5 years you must have impeccable hygiene :]

Haha, thats just one i found from google image but mines not too bad except a few coffee stains. :)

#30 RavenStorm

RavenStorm

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:45 PM

I just ordered the Deathstalker. I didn't get the ultimate. I can't find a way to justify spending $300 on a keyboard. I went with the expert. I will let you know what it is like when it arrives and I have had a chance to play with it.

#31 CodyParks

CodyParks

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:26 AM

Whoever is iffy about a Razer, don't be.

I currently own a Razer Blackwidow, and it is AMAZINGGG. It is very good for touch typing.

Any Razer product is good, and worth its money.

#32 Alcamech

Alcamech

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:13 AM

Built-in 

#33 Yannbane

Yannbane

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:05 AM

Whoever is iffy about a Razer, don't be.

I currently own a Razer Blackwidow, and it is AMAZINGGG. It is very good for touch typing.

Any Razer product is good, and worth its money.

Sometimes it's hard to detect sarcasm in online posts. That's not the case with this one.

My blog: yannbane.com. I post about programming, game development, and artificial intelligence.

#34 CodoLogic

CodoLogic

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:11 AM

Zalta19900 dude you're bumping topics over 2 months old mate. You should check the dates on the topics before replying to them.

This is something we call; "waking the dead". :)

If you find peoples answers helpful, like the post please or mark as best answer. ;)