Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

How's your Keyboard

hardware keyboards peripherals

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#13 lintwurm

lintwurm

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

I have a razor anansi and actually posted on CodeCall how to get the drivers working in Linux. I have never regretted paying what I did for this keyboard. Hasn't given me any problems at all. I am extremely happy with mine.

No harm was done to the world in sending this message, but a few million electrons have been SERIOUSLY inconvenienced...

#14 tomchinery

tomchinery

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:43 AM

I have a Cherry Mechanical keyboard, it has MX Blue switches which make it sound like a real keyboard imo. Its done me very nicely for the past few years and is very nice to type on. My typing speed increased a lot when I upgraded to it.

There arn't much difference in gaming keyboards and normal keyboards apart from gaming keyboards generally being mechanical.

If I were you I would test a few out to see if you like them or not. A keyboard is in general just a keyboard, so it depends on your personal taste really. :)

Good luck!

#15 Covert0ne

Covert0ne

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:00 AM

I have a Noppoo Choc Mini and I adore it, I haven't enjoyed typing this much in a long time! After much deliberation I decided upon Reds as I enjoy gaming and I certainly don't regret the decision.

41mWD3c%2BaLL._SX300_.jpg

#16 RavenStorm

RavenStorm

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

I have the Razer Lycosa (http://www.razerzone...ds/razer-lycosa) and I love it, except:

- the keys are "clacky" after a lot of use

- the keys used most often no longer have letters on them, only spots of varying size

I am shopping for a new keyboard as well and am glad to have found your topic. I am leaning toward replacing this one with one the same, the black widow ultimate, or the deathstalker ultimate. I am having difficulty justifying the cost of the deathstalker ultimate to myself, but damn it's nice!

#17 RavenStorm

RavenStorm

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

That is weird, I was replying to BenW and his post is gone. Oh well.

They are worn out, not dirty, lol. I just have blue glowing dots now.

Edited by RavenStorm, 14 March 2013 - 04:28 PM.

#18 SdyessDev

SdyessDev

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

That is weird, I was replying to BenW and his post is gone. Oh well.

They are worn out, not dirty, lol. I just have blue glowing dots now.

I have the same one...still doing well, but my 'a' key is worn out :P

#19 tavichh

tavichh

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

I use the Razer Blackwidow 2013 and I must say it is doing excellent with programming. The keyboard comes with macro's ( which I found useful for adding classes and showing windows in VS) but as for the keyboard itself I have found it really easy to type but the keyboard did require a rough 2-3 days of getting used to the layout since theres a few added functions of the keyboard.

Send a like my way if I helped you or if you found my post useful or even just enjoyed reading my post.
Thank you :)

#20 RavenStorm

RavenStorm

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

How is the black widow for noise? What is the back lighting like?

#21 tavichh

tavichh

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:31 AM

There is three versions of the black widow, if noise a is a concern then I suggest you just pay attention to the two.

The noise on the keyboard when you type is REALLY loud, but I wanted a keyboard that felt solid like this so noise was not a factor when choosing a keyboard.

HOWEVER

The other version of the keyboard "Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth 2013" (Long Name) is the silent version of the keyboard so you don't have to deal with the loud keypresses.

And as for the backlighting, it is wonderful. You are able to toggle the brightness right on the keyboard without opening any program up. Maxing the brightness on the keyboard is brighter than most cheap flashlights :)

And the dim on the keyboard is wonderful as well.

Edited by Thryckz, 17 March 2013 - 07:32 AM.

Send a like my way if I helped you or if you found my post useful or even just enjoyed reading my post.

#22 LBProgrammer

LBProgrammer

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:35 PM

The noise on the Black Widow Ultimate is quite loud. I'm pretty sure my roommate hates me but, the response and other features definitely make up for it. The noise really doesn't bother me at all in fact it's kind of nice to have a the audio feedback while typing. Stealth version is a little bit more cash but the noise is almost eliminated.
Would ya just watch the hair. Ya know, I work on my hair a long time and you hit it.

#23 tavichh

tavichh

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

Stealh version is the same price @ my TigerDirect store

#24 Yannbane

Yannbane

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:11 AM

I'm getting a mechanical keyboard. The old keyboards were actually better...

Edited by Yannbane, 24 March 2013 - 06:42 AM.

My blog: yannbane.com. I post about programming, game development, and artificial intelligence.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download