Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Hello nerds :)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 PhysoTronic

PhysoTronic

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

Hello everyone.
Im new in community and programming Posted Image I'm last year in high school and i decided for IT fax. I like programming (i never do it myself, worked in logo for school but thats all, but still i like what i see when people are doing it) and graphic so i would like to work like web disigner or something similar. I dont know any program language so i need advices with what language i should start? Should i start with c++ (because i borrowed today some book about it) or something else?

P.S. im verry sorry for my bad english >.<

Edited by Roger, 29 January 2013 - 09:32 PM.

#2 MuStA

MuStA

CC Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Programming Language:C#, PHP, Transact-SQL, Lua, Others
  • Learning:C, C++, Others

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

Welcome to CodeCall.
Since you're willing to work as a web designer, I'll list you some of the languages that a web page may contain:
  • HTML (Must know to start a web page).
  • CSS (For styling a web page and give it some good look :))
  • PHP (For coding some functions that are able to Connect to databases, edit, add, delete any contect and more you'll know once you get into it).
  • ASP.NET (Can handle with all Microsoft Windows Servers, if you're not willing to use PHP for that, it can be more stable when using it as a web application, also it can help you alot when dealing with MSSQL Servers it may force you to learn another .NET language for the code files such as C#).
  • HTML5 (A new web application's language, it's a whole new world of web applications "http://cuttherope.ie" --> an example).

And you are free to choose from one of these :)

Musta.
.Musta { background-color: Black; }

#3 PhysoTronic

PhysoTronic

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

then its better i start with some language u sayed then c++ ?

#4 BlackRabbit

BlackRabbit

CodeCall Legend

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3871 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Transact-SQL, Bash, Others
  • Learning:Java, Others

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

Hello PT, I adhere to Musta suggestion and add Javascript, which will be great for you to learn.
Here you can browse our javascript tutorial section
And here our Javascript resources post

In our web development forum and tutorials section you will find everything you need to know about web programing.

Edited by BlackRabbit, 26 January 2013 - 06:17 PM.

#5 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

Welcome aboard!

If your goal is to learn web development, I would NOT start with C++. Don't get me wrong, C++ is a great language, but it doesn't get you much progress towards your goal.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#6 BenW

BenW

CC Devotee

• Community Manager
  • 976 posts
  • Programming Language:ActionScript
  • Learning:ActionScript

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:46 AM

I agree with the Panther - pick languages that will help you reach your goal, not languages people say are the 'best'. If you want to be a web programmer, learn web languages :)

fss_overall.png

#7 Luthfi

Luthfi

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1320 posts
  • Programming Language:PHP, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL
  • Learning:C, Java, PHP

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:57 AM

Hi PhysoTronic, welcome aboard!

Actually Musta and BlackRabbit already give you good advice related your target to be a web designer. HTML, CSS, and Javascript actually are kind of mandatory. Although PHP and ASP.NET have libraries/frameworks that help you to "avoid" them. But it is good to know the baremetals. However for now I would recommend to focus on HTML5.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download