Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

- - - - -

Problems with sptd service driver in Windows 7

sptddriver windows 7

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 gaconga1105

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

Please tell me if Im posting this topic in the wrong place, as I cannot see any parent topic similar to "Windows"

Recently right after i enter the windows password, the computer frezzed at welcome screen, I then entered Safe Mode to restore system and then everything works fine

But today i started computer again the the same problem re-appeared. I decided to look carefully at Event Viewer in safe mode and get the error:
Driver detected an internal error in its data structures for
Source sptd
Event ID 4
I followed some instructions on the Internet and uninstalled DEAMON Tool Lite, right after that i restarted window normally, then everything works fine again

I want to know that what has been happening to the sptd driver, what to do to fix this problem permanently and how I can use any other CD ROM emulator?

Note that I installed DEAMON Toll for a very long time without error until recent days, it good though. As writing this topic, i did not install any CD ROM emulator since i think the problem will occurred again if i do so, i will wait for help from you guys

Very much appreciated,
Bim Bim

#2 neil

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

In one case, according to a newsgroup post, this event was related to Deamon Tools and a security update from Microsoft. Apparently, uninstalling M914784 will solve the problem. Just go to add/remove programs, check the box at the top that says show updates, find the M914784 update and remove it.

That's what i think it is.

Edited by neil, 18 January 2013 - 09:42 AM.

#3 gaconga1105

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:48 AM

Sorry for late response, but i cannot find M914784 update in installed update list. or I have missed something?

#4 neil

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:44 AM

You could always ask in the deamon tools forum because there might be people who have solved this issue. (Maybe get one of the devs to respond as well?)
Here's a (very) old thread

#5 BlackRabbit

CodeCall Legend

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3871 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:57 AM

You can always use Nero as your CD emulator.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download