Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Student Discount/Free Deals?

student deals college classes software free discount question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LinkChef

LinkChef

CC Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Programming Language:C#, JavaScript, PL/SQL
  • Learning:Java, C#, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Visual Basic .NET

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

Hello everyone! Before I start, I hope you're all having a good day! If not, I hope it does get better, sincerely. Anyways, I am somewhat excited, as I've finished my first semester of C# Programming at my school, and am currently in the beginning stages of my second semester, which focuses on Windows Forms, and not Console based programs. Now, my school offers college credit for this second semester of Computer Programming, and while we are in the course, we get a legitimate College ID card and everything, letting us get discounts for college students that I know exist in some places out there on the internet. I'm kinda curious what's out there, even the ones I've already searched for and found, so whatever College student discounts that involve technology or programming go ahead and put below! Maybe we'll get a good list for someone else in the future as well. Thank you!

I'm Batman!  ~Batman

#2 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Programming Language:Java, C++, (Visual) Basic, Ruby

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

DREAMSPARK!!

If you have a .edu email you can get access too just about every Microsoft development tool under the sun. Visual Studios 2010/2012, Windows Sever, Windows SQL Sever... you name it! Just about any piece of development software Microsoft makes is on there. I think last estimate I heard of was something of like almost $150,000 of development software available free of charge to students for them to play with.

However their flagship products like Microsoft Office or standard Windows Operating systems unfortunately are not on that list.

If you don't have a .edu email you can still get access to the software but it is a bit more of a pain in the butt to get registered and approved and all that fun stuff.

Edited by xXAlphaXx, 13 January 2013 - 02:05 PM.

#3 neil

neil

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Programming Language:C++, Perl, Bash
  • Learning:C, Java, C++, Python, JavaScript, Perl, Bash, Others

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

However their flagship products like Microsoft Office or standard Windows Operating systems unfortunately are not on that list.

Some schools give students a premium account which has free microsoft os's as well.
Mine did.
http://e5.onthehub.c...487d8897<br />(You obviously have to get an account if you plan on using the link..)

#4 faithhill

faithhill

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 09:05 AM

OH HOW interesting