Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Selection buffer..

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 neil

neil

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

Not a real problem. But, is there a reason why my selection buffer stopped working on this site ?

#2 Roger

Roger

Skadoosh!

• Administrator
  • 1222 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

What's "selection buffer"?

New around here? Click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

Or do a quick search and you may find the answer you're looking for.

#3 neil

neil

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:33 AM

Hmm.. it's X's highlight copy-middle click paste thing. It;s also called primary copy (i think)..

#4 Roger

Roger

Skadoosh!

• Administrator
  • 1222 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

I must need a 2nd cup of coffee! :) I'm confused. Are you talking about a feature here on Codecall? If so, can you attached a screenshot?

New around here? Click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#5 neil

neil

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

I can't explain it with a screenshot, but i will have a 5 second video up when i'm back from work. And no, it's a *nix thing..

#6 Roger

Roger

Skadoosh!

• Administrator
  • 1222 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:35 PM

Why are you posting in forum support for this, then?? :confused: Should I move this for you?

#7 neil

neil

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

Why are you posting in forum support for this, then?? :confused: Should I move this for you?

You know what, delete this thread :)
It's not a problem haha. I'm just not used to using copy-paste..
And it only happens on this site.. meh

#8 Roger

Roger

Skadoosh!

• Administrator
  • 1222 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

Are you talking about copying from *nix machine to Codecall? I'm just not clear what you're reporting. :) Is it a bug on our side?

If you want to copy-paste from another program, but without any formats, you can use "Paste as Plain Text" button (see the 3 clipboard icons? the middle one). That button will remove all formatting so it's like pasting values only.

#9 BenW

BenW

CC Devotee

• Community Manager
  • 976 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

Neil - does it work if you toggle the reply box to HTML mode (click the button in the top left)?

fss_overall.png

#10 neil

neil

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

CTRL+V pastes the content of the clipboard. ( We all know this )

However, when you select a piece of text, it will be loaded to an entirely different buffer than the buffer aforementioned (it is another clipboard, respectively), and you can use it with the middle mouse button.
This feature on *nix doesn't work when using it on codecall for some reason. I was just reporting that. You do not have to even fix it. ( :/ )

Look at the X window system, as you can see here: http://en.wikipedia....board_shortcuts

#11 BenW

BenW

CC Devotee

• Community Manager
  • 976 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

Yeah, I know what it does, I just wasn't clear if it was the copying or the pasting that wasn't working. The reply box on the boards appears to handle middle clicking differently depending whether you're in HTML or BBCode mode, so I took a guess at that being the problem :laugh:

If it's the copying part that isn't working properly, can you try it out on a standard ipboard and see if it works okay there? That will tell us whether the problem is a mod here, or an ipb bug :)

fss_overall.png

#12 neil

neil

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

Looks like it's IPB :)
anyhow, i'll just use the plain paste thing :D

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download