Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

The showing all post option

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Vaielab

Vaielab

Programming God

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1382 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

When we look at a topic, just below the "Reply to this topic" button at the top right there is a option "Showing all post".
When I click on it, I have the option to hide all post below X reputation point.

And the options start at 5120 reputation point, then go down 2560...
Since it's very rare that a post have more than 2 reputation point, should we change the settings on this?
Or even remove that option, I don't see why someone would want to remove some part of a discussion base forum?

You can now stalk me on linkedin: http://ca.linkedin.c...elle/24/b44/88/ !

#2 BenW

BenW

CC Devotee

• Community Manager
  • 976 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:50 AM

Hiding posts below 0 points seems like a useful option to keep. I don't know if anyone uses it though (I didn't even know the option was there :laugh:).

fss_overall.png

#3 Roger

Roger

Skadoosh!

• Administrator
  • 1222 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

I've never seen or used this feature either! :P

I just tried it once and it appears to be a "reputation" filter (like you said). It looks like it can filter responses based on the poster's rep points, so, technically, if someone only wants to see answers by reputable members, they can remove posts from other "newer" members. Not sure how useful or used it is.

I took a look around and this feature might be attached to our overall reputation system, so removing it by itself would not be possible. Maybe if we ever "reskin" the site again, I can get the skin author to remove this from the UI display. Right now, I'm hesitant to touch the default skin, since I'm not an expert and don't want any unanticipated side-effects.

New around here? Click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

Or do a quick search and you may find the answer you're looking for.

#4 Vaielab

Vaielab

Programming God

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1382 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

lolol no problem, it's not anoying or anything, me too I first saw this option yestersday only.
I just find funny the finder everything below 5120 reputation point :P

You can now stalk me on linkedin: http://ca.linkedin.c...elle/24/b44/88/ !

#5 Roger

Roger

Skadoosh!

• Administrator
  • 1222 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

I know, it just pulls from the whole rep table.. vs. finding out the highest "rep" point from the members who have replied to the post. Maybe they've updated it for their 3.4 release. For now, I'm waiting for the plug-ins we're using to upgrade before trying that out. For the 3.4 release, they have some cool features, such as "best answers" and other.

New around here? Click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

Or do a quick search and you may find the answer you're looking for.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download