Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Best laptop for programming

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#25 BKTheRussian

BKTheRussian

CC Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

I think the same holds true in any industry, be it cars or computers. Some people have nothing but great experience with a certain brand, others get a lemon first time around. Take me, for example... Honda has a very good reputation for making vehicles that last. After my Civic fell apart at just over 100k, I decided to never purchase a Honda vehicle again. The same applies to my experience with Dell, after spending ~$2,400 on XPS back in 2004. I've only had one-time experience with Dell and it was bad enough for me to rethink my position as a their customer in the future.

I see less complaints from Lenovo or Mac users, though (there are a little bit more from Toshiba, but I still like the brand).

#26 BenW

BenW

CC Devotee

• Community Manager
  • 976 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

Apple's build quality can't be faulted. You pay a premium for their products, but you know you're getting something that's going to work perfectly. Nintendo have a similar reputation with their handheld consoles.

fss_overall.png

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download