Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Apache on Linux Problem

apache linux localhost rewrite

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SC7639

SC7639

CC Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Programming Language:PHP, (Visual) Basic, Python, JavaScript, ActionScript, Others
  • Learning:C, PHP, Python

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:18 AM

Hi, i'm not sure if this is the right section but here goes.

I've switched to Ubuntu in the last week and I've been having problems with a couple of my websites rewritten url's, /update and /inspiration. I've not had this problem on windows or on my server online. I'm not having this problem with any other websites either that use htaccess rewriterules. I've tried emptying my cache and cookies and I know it's not a browser problem as Chrome, Firefox and IE8(using wine/playonlinux) are all having the same problem.

Strange thing i've just noticed is that when i type in the url in capitals (just the end section) it works just fine.

Below is exactly what I see when i try those url's.

Not Found

The requested URL /Able2Change/inspiration was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu) Server at localhost Port 80

Thanks in advance for any help.

#2 macallik

macallik

CC Newcomer

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, Objective-C, C#, PHP, (Visual) Basic, Python, JavaScript, Visual Basic .NET, VBScript
  • Learning:Python, PL/SQL

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

With linux the directories are case sensitive. With windows it is not case sensitive.

#3 SC7639

SC7639

CC Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Programming Language:PHP, (Visual) Basic, Python, JavaScript, ActionScript, Others
  • Learning:C, PHP, Python

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:17 AM

yes but the problem is not that either of these are in a different directory than the index, i can access them just fine in lowercase typing in update.php or index.php?pid=inspiration but the rewriterule for just update i have [NC] at the end of all of them so i can be any case. Which is why the confusion.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download