Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

solve application performance problems

performance application

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rotansh

rotansh

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Programming Language:C++, Objective-C, C#, PHP, PL/SQL, Scheme, Bash

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:11 AM

hi
I want to know which features we have to use to increase application performance. Specially for data updations and data changes like share market trading software. There are many available but I want to know the best one.

Any help.

#2 Orjan

Orjan

CC Mentor

• 2918 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Pascal
  • Learning:Java, C#

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:23 AM

oh, it's very hard to tell. there are probably so many factors that can make bad performance.
All depends on how the software's architectural and design and how it is programmed and how the data is stored, among others as performance of the computer running it and eventual network performance between a server and a client, if there is one.

I'm a System developer at XLENT Consultant Group mainly working with SugarCRM.
Please DO NOT send mail or PM to me with programming questions, post them in the appropriate forum instead, where I and others can answer you.

#3 kattypier

kattypier

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Programming Language:C
  • Learning:C

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:24 AM

Avoid using INotifyPropertyChanged interface, unless it is required. If the object doesn’t change at run-time, it is better not to use this interface to save memory and CPU resources.
Add data to the end of collection (List<T>, BindingList<T>, ThreadSafeBindingList<T> etc). Otherwise, internal implementation of indexed collections will move and re-index all data starting from the newly added index.
Avoid adding data to a binding list with more than 10 000 items when the grid is sorted. Stop sorting to improve performance. However, if you need to add large amounts of data in real-time to the beginning of the grid, it's better to use the following:
rid.Sort.Enabled = false;
grid.DataSource = _datasource_;

//Add a single object to the beginning of the grid
grid.Nodes.Insert(0, _new_object_);

//Add a single object to the beginning of the binding list
IBindingList bl = ...;
bl.Insert(0, _new_object_);
more detail visithttp://www.dapfor.com/en/net-suite/net-grid/tutorial/performance-practical-recommendations

#4 BlackRabbit

BlackRabbit

CodeCall Legend

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3871 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Transact-SQL, Bash, Others
  • Learning:Java, Others

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:57 AM

If you are into trade market, you might want to know that c++ (not .NET) performs very better in TCP/IP sockets (packages) for multiple connections than c#, if you do what i think, you connect vs many servers, so you need to mind that.

As for data updation, you might want to:
- consider memory caches and datatables view with updating when the program is closed.
- check up the open processes, closing all those which are file intensive, as real time antiviruses
- you might want to set your database with no log, and even place it in a different disc.

there is many to see, but more input is required.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download