Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

"Account Suspended" message & forum downtime

account suspended downtime forum news

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#13 emillion

emillion

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Programming Language:C#
  • Learning:C#

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

it happened right after I posted my first quesion. I thought I was banned for posting a bad question. lol.

#14 RhetoricalRuvim

RhetoricalRuvim

JavaScript Programmer

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, PHP, Python, JavaScript

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

As for me, I noticed that too when I tried going on from my school, and I wanted to figure out whether I was banned or whether it's the site in general. I thought maybe my school has been blocked or something. It didn't work from the home network either, and neither did it work when I tried totally-anonymously accessing the site from a public 3G network.

I wondered if Roger knew about this, but I didn't know that it's the host taking us down.
Regards,
RR

#15 Roger

Roger

Skadoosh!

• Administrator
  • 1222 posts
  • Programming Language:C, PHP
  • Learning:Others

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:15 AM

it happened right after I posted my first quesion. I thought I was banned for posting a bad question. lol.

I got a few emails from users who thought their account was blocked due to the messages. A few people also when on our twitter/facebook to check on the status. I think the displayed page is the default cPanel "account suspended" page, which not many people know. I have a "site down" page hosted on Google Sites that I can forward people to, but this time, since I didn't have access to the account myself, I needed the DNS to point at the server so that I can work on it when it came back online.

As for me, I noticed that too when I tried going on from my school, and I wanted to figure out whether I was banned or whether it's the site in general. I thought maybe my school has been blocked or something. It didn't work from the home network either, and neither did it work when I tried totally-anonymously accessing the site from a public 3G network.

I wondered if Roger knew about this, but I didn't know that it's the host taking us down.

I have a few monitoring agents running for CC, so I knew immediately. However, this time, the host was unwilling to turn on the site until we figure out the load problem. I had to work hard to convince them to turn it on and only allow member access so that I can debug the problem.

New around here? Click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

Or do a quick search and you may find the answer you're looking for.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: account suspended, downtime, forum, news

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download