Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Codecall down for a short time? Or planned maintenance?

down offline bug

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Upstream

Upstream

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PHP, (Visual) Basic, JavaScript, Perl, Bash, Others
  • Learning:Others

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

A rather distrurbing message came up when trying to reach codecall. Account suspended bla bla. Because of my good nature, zzz, I could not believe that I had envoked such drastic measures with my posts. So did some enqueries on it.

Here is a http request I made from a remote service to convince myself that I was not banned:) pastebin.com/1VBeTURV

Logic would dictate that it was not maintenance as such a message is ill concieved. That closes one possible cause (not maintenance) or creates a new one (admin @ codecall is and idiot) and the last I like to think is not the case!

The relay kept on for a short while. Just letting you know but this would not be news to admin I think. Just courious what it was...

Keep up the good work on this great site!
"The question of whether a computer can think is no more interesting than the question of whether a submarine can swim." (Edsger Dijkstra)

#2 BenW

BenW

CC Devotee

• Community Manager
  • 976 posts
  • Programming Language:ActionScript
  • Learning:ActionScript

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

Don't worry - it wasn't your account.

The hosting account was suspended because one of the forum plugins was crashing the server. Since we don't know which one, we've disabled all of them for now :) They'll gradually be re-enabled when we get the chance to work out which one was causing the issues.

fss_overall.png

#3 Upstream

Upstream

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PHP, (Visual) Basic, JavaScript, Perl, Bash, Others
  • Learning:Others

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

Thanks for your to the point answer. Better to say you have a problem then let speculation take over. My next bet would have been that CC having cah flow problems which would be a shame as I come here frequently and enjoy it. Also I gues that this explaines the new and not so improved gui:) Hope you solve it soon for you and all of us who take liking some depluged features:)
"The question of whether a computer can think is no more interesting than the question of whether a submarine can swim." (Edsger Dijkstra)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: down, offline, bug

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download