Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

How to merge my current Google-based account to a completely new one?

account support password google login

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Yannbane

Yannbane

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, PHP, Python, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Lisp, Assembly, Bash, Others
  • Learning:Lisp, Scheme

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:48 AM

I'm currently using the "login with Google" option, but I would like to be able to just have my own, unique password. Is it possible to do without creating a new account?

My blog: yannbane.com. I post about programming, game development, and artificial intelligence.

#2 BlackRabbit

BlackRabbit

CodeCall Legend

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3871 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Transact-SQL, Bash, Others
  • Learning:Java, Others

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:37 AM

Did you try Settings->manage google ?
you will find Settings at the right-top corner of the page, you will see there your username with an arrow to open the menu :D

#3 Yannbane

Yannbane

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, PHP, Python, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Lisp, Assembly, Bash, Others

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:28 AM

Did you try Settings->manage google ?
you will find Settings at the right-top corner of the page, you will see there your username with an arrow to open the menu :D

Yes, yes I did, but the only available option is to disconnect the account.

My blog: yannbane.com. I post about programming, game development, and artificial intelligence.

#4 Roger

Roger

Skadoosh!

• Administrator
  • 1222 posts
  • Programming Language:C, PHP
  • Learning:Others

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:53 AM

The reason for having Google to connect to sign on to CC without using a different password. By using Google, you don't expose a password to CC, but instead get authenticated by Google. We (CC) only see the end authorization, which is sufficient to let you access your account.

If you would like to use a separate/unique password, you can disconnect your Google account as suggested above. After that, you should be able to set a password for your account. (We've never had a request like this, so I'm not sure of the steps.) If you get stuck, send me email at support@codecall.net and I can setup a manual password for you.

New around here? Click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

Or do a quick search and you may find the answer you're looking for.

#5 Yannbane

Yannbane

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:23 AM

That's great, thanks. It's mostly just my OCD's fault for wanting to have a separate password... I know that using Google everywhere is probably safer and better for everyone.

#6 Roger

Roger

Skadoosh!

• Administrator
  • 1222 posts
  • Programming Language:C, PHP
  • Learning:Others

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:10 PM

Yes, SSO is safer to some entent. If you have a solid Google password, then going through the SSO login is probably safer than having an easy to remember CC password.

New around here? Click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

Or do a quick search and you may find the answer you're looking for.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download