Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

A typical introduction, and what have you.

introduction artificial-intelligence ai gamedev c++ python science

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Yannbane

Yannbane

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, PHP, Python, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Lisp, Assembly, Bash, Others
  • Learning:Lisp, Scheme

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:40 PM

Hello everyone. I'm Yannbane, and I'm, obviously, new to these forums. My main interests include artificial intelligence and evolutionary algorithms, and I am currently working on an evolution simulator in C++. It will simulate a 2-dimensional (I'm planning to raise that to 34-dimensional, or something, which is interesting) world, in which little (in the future, multicellular) organisms will run around, eat things, evolve, and most importantly: learn. For learning I will use neural networks, which I still haven't fully designed. The project is called Atlas, and you can read more about it on my blog.

This is a picture of an early Python prototype of Atlas:

Posted Image

As for me, my favorite programming languages are C++, Javascript, and Python, and I am also interested in game development. You can play a little game I made, called Project Khalio, here: http://khalio.banehq.com/.

Some links...

My website: http://www.yannbane.com/.
My GitHub: https://github.com/Yannbane.
My Twitter: @Yannbane.

I'm also an active member of Gamdev.SE.

My blog: yannbane.com. I post about programming, game development, and artificial intelligence.

#2 BenW

BenW

CC Devotee

• Community Manager
  • 976 posts
  • Programming Language:ActionScript
  • Learning:ActionScript

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:30 PM

Welcome to the forum! That's quite a neat little game you have there, although I found the controls a little slidey. You might be interested in the game development forum we have here on Codecall - perhaps you could post your game and a bit more information about it for others to learn from? :)

fss_overall.png

#3 VNFox

VNFox

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Programming Language:C#, PHP
  • Learning:Assembly

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

wow .. welcome aboard ... looks like a creepy monster you got there.

www.pickmike.com
I don't just develop software. I find solutions to your business needs.

#4 Yannbane

Yannbane

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, PHP, Python, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Lisp, Assembly, Bash, Others

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:24 PM

Thanks guys.

About the game, everyone finds the controls a bit too slidey, but I think that's OK. And I doubt anything could be learned from it, I made it while I was a pretty bad newbie Js dev... But thanks for the link!

My blog: yannbane.com. I post about programming, game development, and artificial intelligence.

#5 Chall

Chall

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Programming Language:Java
  • Learning:C, Java, C++, C#, Python, JavaScript, Assembly

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:19 AM

Welcome aboard mate! If you're into game design, you should take a look at my current game project. It's a tower defense, but It's still under development. The map is going to be the hardest to make, because of it's sheer size. :)
Your games look pretty good, too! Graphics are a bit.. square, but we all start basic ;)
Speaks fluent Java

#6 Yannbane

Yannbane

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:29 AM

Welcome aboard mate! If you're into game design, you should take a look at my current game project. It's a tower defense, but It's still under development. The map is going to be the hardest to make, because of it's sheer size. :)
Your games look pretty good, too! Graphics are a bit.. square, but we all start basic ;)

Yeah, the graphics weren't made by me, though. And when it comes to games, the graphics are the least of my worries, I only care about the programming aspect. :)

#7 Chall

Chall

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Programming Language:Java
  • Learning:C, Java, C++, C#, Python, JavaScript, Assembly

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:27 PM

Yeah, the graphics weren't made by me, though. And when it comes to games, the graphics are the least of my worries, I only care about the programming aspect. :)

That's a good trait to have. :) "you need to actually be able to play the game." -unknown person on BF3 forums, during discussion about whether or not the graphics make a game good.
Speaks fluent Java

#8 BlackRabbit

BlackRabbit

CodeCall Legend

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3871 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Transact-SQL, Bash, Others
  • Learning:Java, Others

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:24 AM

Welcome aboard and nice job with the simulation

#9 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:36 AM

Welcome aboard!

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#10 Yannbane

Yannbane

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

Thanks all. :)

#11 BenW

BenW

CC Devotee

• Community Manager
  • 976 posts
  • Programming Language:ActionScript
  • Learning:ActionScript

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:56 PM

That's a good trait to have. :) "you need to actually be able to play the game." -unknown person on BF3 forums, during discussion about whether or not the graphics make a game good.

I think there's a minimum level of quality the graphics need in order for a game to be considered "good" in terms of mainstream appeal.

BF3 has amazing graphics if you have a PC that can handle them, and I think that does add to immersion in games.

fss_overall.png

#12 Luthfi

Luthfi

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1320 posts
  • Programming Language:PHP, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL
  • Learning:C, Java, PHP

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:14 PM

Hi Yannbane, welcome aboard!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: introduction, artificial-intelligence, ai, gamedev, c++, python, science

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download