Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Free mobile builder or prototyping tool

mobille web app website application drag drop prototype tool

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 isuru

isuru

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:02 AM

I know there are some mobile web apps builders with Jquery Mobile and other frameworks. But tell me what you use? And do you think using a builder limits your freedom to extend the application? If you don't use a builder or prototyping tool which IDE do you use? What techniques you use to make it ease your development work.
Lost!

#2 BlackRabbit

BlackRabbit

CodeCall Legend

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3871 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Transact-SQL, Bash, Others
  • Learning:Java, Others

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:25 AM

As what i like is Cordova with Intelli-J,pretty simple tandem, with some aid of html-kit when i need it.

but the core question is using frameworks or coding you own, well, the truest answer to that is you will rarely not use a framework, i mean, even when you code your own apps entirely, in time you will be working in a pseudo-framework of your own, which the advantage of having learned it all by experience so you know exactly how each piece of code works.
Bad thing it takes a lot of time to build and you don't know how long will it be useful due to tech changes ...

so the real question is, is it a good idea to do a framework of my own?

answer is: it is a good idea if you want to master the tech, give a differential service or you are in that time in your coding life when you want to take a step from semi-senior to senior, cause working from the core will sure help your coding abilities.

#3 Upstream

Upstream

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PHP, (Visual) Basic, JavaScript, Perl, Bash, Others
  • Learning:Others

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:29 PM

@kill m..t..f...ck!!! ing keyboard short cuts. Wrote a 200+ words texts for you on CodeNameOne. Now this is all I got. Darn I hate my keyboard for it but cant put myself to write it again as it was a very nice text the first time. If you interested in native app IDE crossplatform let me know. Maybe tomorrow. Enshallah Kill kill kill:)

Just came to mind that I already wrote some on it here. It is not clear to me if your intent is on HTML(5) apps and native but here is a start:
http://forum.codecal...re/#entry639448

Edited by Upstream, 18 October 2012 - 04:48 PM.

"The question of whether a computer can think is no more interesting than the question of whether a submarine can swim." (Edsger Dijkstra)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mobille, web, app, website, application, drag, drop, prototype, tool

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download