Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

javascript vs html5

html5

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ahmedzoom99

ahmedzoom99

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Programming Language:Java, PHP, PL/SQL
  • Learning:JavaScript

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:10 PM

hi :

i was designed my old web site using html but now i want to make my smart web so

which is better javascript or html5

thamk you for helping me

#2 Orjan

Orjan

CC Mentor

• 2918 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Pascal
  • Learning:Java, C#

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:46 PM

you use javascript with html, they are not opposing each other. They work together to make the page interactive.

I'm a System developer at XLENT Consultant Group mainly working with SugarCRM.
Please DO NOT send mail or PM to me with programming questions, post them in the appropriate forum instead, where I and others can answer you.

#3 papabear

papabear

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:26 AM

I agree with orjan.. they're not suppose to battle each other :)
plus HTML is a markup language not a programming or scripting language..
I've never dreamed of W3C making HTML a programming/scripting language.. that would be a nightmare for us web developer :)
It's better to separate those two... The Scripting language and The MarkUp Language...
so we can create a good web application and distinguish easily what is the scripting file and the html file, in that way.. editing/updating your code would be easier :)
Life has no CTRL+Z
Never Forget To HIT "LIKE" If I Helped

#4 BlackRabbit

BlackRabbit

CodeCall Legend

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3871 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Transact-SQL, Bash, Others
  • Learning:Java, Others

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:14 AM

If i understood your questions intention properly, in addition to adhering to previous recommendations, i will say HTML5 is better,
i get what you ask is more like old way vs new way, well, new ways are usually improved right ?

well, html5 extends the power of old DOM scheme and javascript itself by giving them new reaches as for mobile hardware, local storage, etc

that and the fact that it helps you for making your site mobile, and shiny too if you are into design.

#5 BenW

BenW

CC Devotee

• Community Manager
  • 976 posts
  • Programming Language:ActionScript
  • Learning:ActionScript

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:27 AM

Go with both, as others suggested. We have some resources available here and here if you need a hand getting started :)

fss_overall.png

#6 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:22 AM

Your question is kind of strange. It's like asking, "What should I prefer on my server: MySQL or PHP?" It's not an "either/or" situation. HTML5 is the tool that controls basic layout. Part of it's job is introduce Javascript to the browser, where needed. The Javascript then provides additional functionality, including modifying the HTML(5) content, creating AJAX connections to the server, etc.

HTML5 defines what you are capable of displaying to the user. Javascript defines how you can programatically modify the HTML content. PHP defines how to dynamically generate content on the server. MySQL provides static storage. They all work together providing different components of a single software system.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#7 Yannbane

Yannbane

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, PHP, Python, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Lisp, Assembly, Bash, Others
  • Learning:Lisp, Scheme

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:14 PM

You should probably program your website in C++.

(But seriously though, Js and HTML5 are not mutually exclusive, like others have said.)

My blog: yannbane.com. I post about programming, game development, and artificial intelligence.

#8 Orjan

Orjan

CC Mentor

• 2918 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Pascal
  • Learning:Java, C#

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:14 AM

(But seriously though, Js and HTML5 are not mutually exclusive, like others have said.)

Well, You cant program a website in C++ without using HTML in the bitter end, cause the web browser needs HTML, CSS and JS to make a good working webpage. Creating the Website in C++ is just a highend HTML generator, just as PHP, Python and other server side languages are.

I'm a System developer at XLENT Consultant Group mainly working with SugarCRM.
Please DO NOT send mail or PM to me with programming questions, post them in the appropriate forum instead, where I and others can answer you.

#9 Yannbane

Yannbane

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, PHP, Python, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Lisp, Assembly, Bash, Others
  • Learning:Lisp, Scheme

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:37 AM

Well, You cant program a website in C++ without using HTML in the bitter end, cause the web browser needs HTML, CSS and JS to make a good working webpage. Creating the Website in C++ is just a highend HTML generator, just as PHP, Python and other server side languages are.

I know, I was joking.

My blog: yannbane.com. I post about programming, game development, and artificial intelligence.

#10 BlackRabbit

BlackRabbit

CodeCall Legend

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3871 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Transact-SQL, Bash, Others
  • Learning:Java, Others

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:03 AM

Yeah, as they told you, the question is as if you bought a cpu ( just the box, no devices ) and them ask : what should i buy ? a keyboard or a screen ?

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download