Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

HTML $ DATABASE

html html $ database

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 subz36

subz36

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Programming Language:Visual Basic .NET, VBScript
  • Learning:C++, PHP

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:07 PM

I m a beginner..I m a bit confuse about this..
Can i connect HTML form with database(MySQL)...??? :confused:

#2 kernelcoder

kernelcoder

CC Devotee

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, C#, Visual Basic .NET
  • Learning:Objective-C, PHP, Python, Delphi/Object Pascal

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:44 PM

The answer is no. HTML runs on client's browser. So the traditional logic is user have to send request from browser to server and server will handle the request and can access database through server side scripting languages like PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby, C#, C/C++ (as CGI) etc and send a response (HTML) back to client (browser).

However, HTML5 provides some database API through which you can connect to SQLite database (as far as I know) which is managed by browser. You can read about HTML5 on WIKI and see example here.

#3 Orjan

Orjan

CC Mentor

• 2918 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Pascal
  • Learning:Java, C#

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:56 PM

And, in addition to kernelcoders answer, if you combine your HTML with javascript and use the ajax methology, you can from your javascript access the data through the server side languages invisible to the user and via this populate your page from the database or save data to the database.

I'm a System developer at XLENT Consultant Group mainly working with SugarCRM.
Please DO NOT send mail or PM to me with programming questions, post them in the appropriate forum instead, where I and others can answer you.

#4 Colanth

Colanth

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Programming Language:PHP, (Visual) Basic, JavaScript, Visual Basic .NET, Pascal, Logo, Assembly, VBScript, Others

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:27 PM

I wouldn't depend on using Web SQL Databases in the near future. The "feature" isn't implimented on either IE or Firefox, so most people won't be able to use it.

#5 Orjan

Orjan

CC Mentor

• 2918 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Pascal
  • Learning:Java, C#

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:46 AM

I wouldn't depend on using Web SQL Databases in the near future. The "feature" isn't implimented on either IE or Firefox, so most people won't be able to use it.

Noone here has been talking about the local storage possibilities HTML 5 gives either, We talk about a normal database, accessible through a server side script or program...

I'm a System developer at XLENT Consultant Group mainly working with SugarCRM.
Please DO NOT send mail or PM to me with programming questions, post them in the appropriate forum instead, where I and others can answer you.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download