Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      16 Apr
    Kadence

If you're reading this, you're on my profile and I know you're on my profile because I'm probably viewing yours.

Show comments (6)
  • Photo
      10 Apr
    Poe

Finally (and hopefully) i'm getting a team together that knows a little of this and a little of that; and maybe all my open source projects that are half written can begin to be released. :)

View All Updates
Photo
- - - - -

PHP OOP Tutorial from beginner to advance - (Introduction to OOP - Part 1)

php object oriented php object oriented tutorial basic advance basic to advance php

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 papabear

papabear

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:50 AM

What is OOP?

Have you ever heard of the term OOP? or Object-Oriented Programming? If you are a programmer then you might have heard it many times to your teacher, co-worker, friend or into a stranger. If this is the first time that you have ever heard of that OOP thing then I'll explain it to you.

OOP or Object-Oriented Programming is a programming paradigm that uses objects.. it consists of several functions or methods that has a specific job to do. Programming techniques may include features such as data abstraction, inheritance, polymorphism and encapsulation. Almost every popular programming language now supports this.

Uh oh, there's a lot of new terms again.. what are objects? what is abstraction, inheritance, polymorphism and encapsulation?

Relax.. and continue reading :)

What are objects?

Objects are the computerized representation of real world objects it contains a collection of method or functions. They have a specific use, an attribute or property. A good example is a car.

A car is a real world object, its specific use is for transportation,, or if you are cool you can use it to get a girl :D just kidding...
A car has several properties or attributes like color, speed, weight, height, etc... just like an Object in the programming term.

What are those abstraction, inheritance, encapsulation and polymorphism thing?

Abstraction - it is the process by which data and programs are defined with representation similar in form to its semantics, while hiding away the implementation details.

Inheritance - it is a way to build an object with other object by sharing it's functions.

Encapsulation - it refers to one of two related but distinct notions.. It is used as a mechanism to restrict the access to some of the objects components.

Polymorphism - ‚Äč is the ability to create a variable, a function, or an object that has more than one form.

Reasons why adopt OOP as a programming style

- Reusable code
- Easy to maintain
- Faster Software Development
- Produce high-quality programs
- Easy to adopt and Easy to scale

Some Facts

- The hardest part is STARTING OUT
- Procedural style is messy and a headache

here's an example object in PHP

class Dog {
public $color = "brown";
public $eyecolor = "brown";

public function talk() {
echo "Woof! Woof!";
}

public function run() {
echo "Your dog is running";
}

public function pee() {
echo "XD";
}
}

$dog = new Dog();
$dog->talk();
$dog->run();

output:
Woof! Woof! Your dog is running

if you don't know.. An Object is an instance of a class :)
That's it for this tutorial.. I hope you enjoyed reading this tutorial and thanks for giving me your time :D

More Powers
Papabear

Next Tutorial

Properties and $this - Part 2
Life has no CTRL+Z
Never Forget To HIT "LIKE" If I Helped

#2 lespauled

lespauled

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, C#, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Visual Basic .NET, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Bash

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:28 AM

I think you should go into a little more detail about the characteristics of OOP. Those 4 short descriptions might confuse new programmers.

Also procedural style being "messy" is not a fact. OOP programs can be messy too. It depends on the users abilities. In a lot of classes, you will find procedural code. The differences are that they act upon and are contained within the object.
My Blog: http://forum.codecal...699-blog-77241/
"Women and Music: I'm always amazed by other people's choices." - David Lee Roth

#3 papabear

papabear

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:59 PM

I think you should go into a little more detail about the characteristics of OOP. Those 4 short descriptions might confuse new programmers.

Also procedural style being "messy" is not a fact. OOP programs can be messy too. It depends on the users abilities. In a lot of classes, you will find procedural code. The differences are that they act upon and are contained within the object.

I only gave a short description in those four techniques because I want to explain them more in another part :)
and for me procedural is messy, you have to repeat the same code again while you can make a library of functions and just call it :)
Thanks for the comment :thumbup1:
Life has no CTRL+Z
Never Forget To HIT "LIKE" If I Helped

#4 VNFox

VNFox

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Programming Language:C#, PHP
  • Learning:Assembly

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:23 PM

Good start +1 ... keep on the good work.

www.pickmike.com
I don't just develop software. I find solutions to your business needs.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: php, object oriented, php object oriented, tutorial, basic, advance, basic to advance php