Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

keywords tips

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CriticalError

CriticalError

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:24 PM

can someone give me keywords tips how should they be used properly? do I picked keywords which are generally related to that page?

for example I got a page on HTML Tables are keywords like: table, rows, columns, cells suitable to have?

#2 Roger

Roger

Skadoosh!

• Administrator
  • 1222 posts
  • Programming Language:C, PHP
  • Learning:Others

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

Are you referring to meta-keywords?

<meta name="keywords" content="keywords, keyword, keyword.">

I heard that it's so overused that it's no longer an effective way to improve SEO.

If your page is on "HTML Tables", then "HTML Table" would be a good keyword. However, there must be so many pages with that keyword already. What is special about your "HTML Tables" page? You should research that and use some keywords that'll set you apart.

New around here? Click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

Or do a quick search and you may find the answer you're looking for.

#3 BenW

BenW

CC Devotee

• Community Manager
  • 976 posts
  • Programming Language:ActionScript
  • Learning:ActionScript

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:36 PM

Yeah, I've also heard that meta keywords are no longer important for SEO. They're ignored by Google, for sure:

No consensus exists whether or not the keywords attribute has any effect on ranking at any of the major search engines today. It is speculated that it does, if the keywords used in the meta can also be found in the page copy itself. With respect to Google, thirty-seven leaders in search engine optimization concluded in April 2007 that the relevance of having your keywords in the meta-attribute keywords is little to none[3] and in September 2009 Matt Cutts of Google announced that they are no longer taking keywords into account whatsoever.[4]

(Source)

fss_overall.png

#4 CriticalError

CriticalError

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:40 AM

Yeah I know Google ignores them and you guys are right, they may not be good for SEO however sometimes when you search for a website the keywords are the things which show up in the description. I have seen it happen. Especially if you have implemented Google search on your website

And yes Roger I am on about meta keywords

#5 programmingservices

programmingservices

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, Objective-C, PHP, JavaScript
  • Learning:PHP

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:16 AM

Google has made this Official on their Official Blog that "Google Does Not Use Keywords Meta Tag"

But if you still wanna use them then you can use Google Adwords Keyword Tool

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download