Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

unable to connect to mysql database.

mysql

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 even821

even821

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:49 AM

i am currently unable to connect to my website or phpmyadmin, is mysql down right now or something?
the phpmyadmin error is:
#2002 - The server is not responding (or the local MySQL server's socket is not correctly configured)

the actual website just gives a warning that the website cant connect to the database. it worked perfectly before i went to bed yesterday, now it doesnt work at all. so how can i fix this, or is it something wrong with mysql right now?

#2 wim DC

wim DC

Roar

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2681 posts
  • Programming Language:Java, JavaScript, PL/SQL
  • Learning:Python

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:10 AM

I bet the mysql service just isn't started. Are you using xampp?

#3 even821

even821

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:20 AM

i have been connecting to the database for 10 days now, then overnight it stopped working completely without changing anything. i have started the mysql service before since i have been using it for litterally 10 days. and i had about 5 different users online so i know i set it up correctly. then as i said it failed on me overnight....could mysql have been turned off somehow? xampp says the service is still running.
also note that i am not running the website on a localhost, i am running it throught a server (not sure if i am actually using xampp for it though, since i set up the database throught the host).

#4 even821

even821

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:21 AM

to recap:
-everything have worked fine for the last 10 days.
-without changing anything, it stopped working over night.
-i am not using localhost. im hosting my site at 000webhost. i use filezilla as my client.
-i can not access anything in my database (not any part of my website, nor phpmyadmin)
-if i create a new database, i cannot access that one either.
-a login system on my school also seems to be down (my database isnt blocked at my school, it doesnt work anywhere else either)

seems to me mysql is down, but i cant seem to find anything about it, might also be the host that is down tho.
any idea how to check what the problem is? its really irritating seeing as i have been koding for about 10 hours per day for 10 days, would suck to loose 100 hours, you know... :(

#5 BenW

BenW

CC Devotee

• Community Manager
  • 976 posts
  • Programming Language:ActionScript
  • Learning:ActionScript

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:56 AM

Have you tried restarting the SQL service, first?

If that doesn't help, double check your username and pasword are correct, even if you "know" they are already.

Do you have access to the logs to see if there are other errors occurring that could be the cause?

If none of those help, here is a fairly lengthy guide from the MySQL forums with some more technical suggestions.

fss_overall.png

#6 even821

even821

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:02 AM

double check? i have at least checked the passwords and username 100 times now....not even kidding...
and where can i restart the mysql service? cause it doesn't seem like the xampp have been hooked up to the host, as the logs only goes to third of september when i went from local to an actual server. mysql is already integrated into 000webhost, as well as phpmyadmin, so i didnt have to do anything other than write the correct logon settings. and i know all of my codes have the right settings as i am the only person with access to the files, and i have not touched them since last night, when everything worked perfectly... :S

where the heck can i find the mysql files? like config.inc.php?

#7 even821

even821

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:50 AM

i do not know what was wrong...an i certainly did not manage to fix it myself...but somehow it got fixed.
i guess i was right in thinking it was simply the host/server/database that was down then, since the problem came, and disapeared without me doing anything
thanks anyways, and sorry for being a bother :(

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download