Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Project for beginner

beginner project C# programming C# for beginner

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ehsan0101

Ehsan0101

CC Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Learning:C#, Visual Basic .NET

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:07 AM

Hello, I'm a beginner student of C# programming Language. I want to practice on it everyday to became a professional programmer. so I want any website link(s) or books or source so that I can go to my goal by practice.

best regards
ehsan

#2 crokett

crokett

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Programming Language:C#, Perl
  • Learning:C#, Perl, Transact-SQL

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:06 PM

Personally I've never had much success with 'learning just to learn'. I can't read a book and know something, I have to actually do it. That's not to say books aren't useful but I start by figuring out what I want to do, then go read up on how. I would pick something you are interested in, then go start coding it.

for books, I have Pro C# and the .NET Platform. My edition is for C# 2010 and .NET 4 there may be a later edition.

#3 VNFox

VNFox

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Programming Language:C#, PHP
  • Learning:Assembly

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:12 PM

The best way to learn is to take some1 else code and start digging into it. It's like analysis the problems and find the solutions toward it ... the more you think about programming languages ... they are basically the same thing ... with different syntax ... if you know how to analyse the problem ... you can find solutions to the problem. Once you start getting to familiar with the system, then build your own algorithm and learn about the Programming Pattern .... hope this helps

www.pickmike.com
I don't just develop software. I find solutions to your business needs.

#4 lobo521

lobo521

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:22 PM

This book is good start.
http://www.headfirst...books/hfcsharp/
Authors make you write some applications while you read book. Be sure to write them all. If you only read them, you will not learn anything.

#5 BlackRabbit

BlackRabbit

CodeCall Legend

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3871 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Transact-SQL, Bash, Others
  • Learning:Java, Others

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:31 PM

There is always the good old tic-tac-toe game tutorial for beginners, you can find it here : c# tic-tac-toe tutorial

#6 Fable

Fable

CC Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Programming Language:C
  • Learning:C, PL/SQL

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:54 PM

I was in the exact same place you are a few months ago, and you will probably pick it up pretty quickly if you're determined enough.
Where I first learned the basics was here: http://www.homeandle...arp/csharp.html

It was well rounded and covered the simple things. :)

#7 Tonchi

Tonchi

Helping the world with programming

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1249 posts
  • Programming Language:C#, Others
  • Learning:C, C++, Python, JavaScript, Transact-SQL, Assembly

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

Hello, I'm a beginner student of C# programming Language. I want to practice on it everyday to became a professional programmer. so I want any website link(s) or books or source so that I can go to my goal by practice.

best regards
ehsan

To become a pro you have to make a hundreds of dozens of lines of a code. You must be a part of some project. Search some open source projects (I am not a fan of open source). Some of my colleagues here can tell you for some sites where you can find open source projects to be finished. Also I want to suggest you to start learning MS SQL (since you are working with MS language) parallel with C#. Learn the basics of databases and how to use it in C#. Then try to implement all that you have learned in database. You will figure it out what I am talking about when you start. Every single business app is using some kind of a database to store something. Try to start with that. When you need some help, just ask and we will help you. Try also to learn few advance things like RegEx (search MSDN) and Lambda Expressions.

Microsoft Student Partner, Microsoft Certified Professional

#8 RavenStorm

RavenStorm

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Learning:C, C#, PHP, (Visual) Basic, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Visual Basic .NET, Transact-SQL, Lua, ActionScript, VBScript, Others

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:25 PM

I have the Head First book, and although I think it will be fun to play with, as a beginner I find it overwhelming when tired. I am going to check out the link Fable posted. It looks like it might help. Thank you Fable. Good luck Ehsan :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: beginner project, C# programming, C#, for beginner

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download