Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

[Request for guide] Image Slider

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Yonatan

Yonatan

CC Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, C#, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Visual Basic .NET
  • Learning:Python, JavaScript

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:46 AM

Hi everybody, I wanted to ask if anyone knows where I can find a simple basic tutorial on how to create a slider (I hope its the right term for what im looking, correct me if im wrong) using Javascript and JQuery.

I want to put a small slider above the footer of the page so it will allow a user to change the background pic of the page on a click.

Ex: Posted Image

I got the required Photoshop and Programming skills, its important the the tutorial will not use a plug in or a previously created JS file because I want to learn how to produce my own sliders.

Thanks in advance.

#2 BlackRabbit

BlackRabbit

CodeCall Legend

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3871 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Transact-SQL, Bash, Others
  • Learning:Java, Others

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:09 AM

Hello Yonatan,

Here i give you a couple of image sliders on Javascript with it's tutorial :D

Click here for a basic image slider

Click here for a clickable image slider

There is many approaches to this, from using img object to using hard coded links,

how do you expect to get the image file names ? from a database ? a text file ? hard coded ?

#3 Yonatan

Yonatan

CC Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:18 AM

hard coded image file names.

Thanks for the links BlackRabbit. But just from a glance at it, im not sure that it is what I've meant.

Another example of what Ive meant:
http://www.htmldrive...-jquery-plugins

(The dots on the bottom).

Thanks!

#4 Yonatan

Yonatan

CC Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:15 PM

Sorry for double posting but somehow the edit was bugging for me, The thing Im looking for is to make sort of "slider" Im not sure its called a slider exactly, but a thing like with <ul>...<li>.... so a visitor could swap pictures with.

If anyone knows any tutorial that relates to that it will help me a lot, thanx!.

--Edit:

Found my answer: http://www.queness.c...der-with-jquery

Not exactly a slider but the required functionality is in there.

Edited by Yonatan, 04 September 2012 - 04:26 AM.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download