Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

what do you read in your spare time ?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#13 Mitchell

Mitchell

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Programming Language:C
  • Learning:C

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:22 PM

i just read my facebook posts and tweets in my free time...

#14 Cruel Hand

Cruel Hand

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Programming Language:Java, Objective-C, Visual Basic .NET
  • Learning:C, Java, C++, Objective-C, PHP, (Visual) Basic, Python, JavaScript, Perl, Ruby, PL/SQL, Pascal, Assembly, Haskell

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:39 PM

I've been reading a lot of john grisham as of late when it comes to fiction. I'm also reading a book about Objective-C now and I read that in my spare time

#15 BlackRabbit

BlackRabbit

CodeCall Legend

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3871 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Transact-SQL, Bash, Others
  • Learning:Java, Others

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:19 AM

I just finished Asimov's Robot Series, and I'm about to start LOTR (never read it before or seen the movie). I love science fiction and fantasy novels though. I also just finished The Rover series by Mel Odom, I highly recommend it to fantasy lovers.

Asimov was a genius writer !

#16 AKMafia001

AKMafia001

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:57 AM

My own Mind... ;)
I think i'm able to write a code for printing "Hello, World!". Proud of that!

#17 BenW

BenW

CC Devotee

• Community Manager
  • 976 posts
  • Programming Language:ActionScript
  • Learning:ActionScript

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:55 AM

I've been reading a lot of john grisham as of late when it comes to fiction. I'm also reading a book about Objective-C now and I read that in my spare time

I used to be really into John Grisham's books for a while. We had a ton of them in the school library, and I could usually get through one in a couple of days.

One of our teachers once made the mistake of mentioning she thought Grisham was good looking, and from then on he became 'Dishy Grishy' :laugh:

fss_overall.png

#18 JayM

JayM

CC Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Learning:JavaScript, ActionScript

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:10 AM

Books. I read books in my spare time.

But no, really, I enjoy Ted Dekker books. I also like to read the Warriors series by Erin Hunter :).

#19 Yannbane

Yannbane

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, PHP, Python, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Lisp, Assembly, Bash, Others
  • Learning:Lisp, Scheme

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:50 PM

Spare time? What's that?

Well, I play some video games (SteamID: yannbane, add me if you wanna play), but mostly I'm learning about programming or programming. I also lurk the web a lot, and maintain a blog. Also, I study Latin.

I just finished Asimov's Robot Series, and I'm about to start LOTR (never read it before or seen the movie). I love science fiction and fantasy novels though. I also just finished The Rover series by Mel Odom, I highly recommend it to fantasy lovers.

You'll be very positively surprised about LotR, it's one of the greatest works of fiction I have ever read. The movies are also a masterpiece, but they completely excluded the actual ending, which is 1/5th of the final book, and a huge part of the lore.

My blog: yannbane.com. I post about programming, game development, and artificial intelligence.

#20 Chall

Chall

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Programming Language:Java
  • Learning:C, Java, C++, C#, Python, JavaScript, Assembly

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

I read Codecall posts in my spare time. :D
Speaks fluent Java

#21 BenW

BenW

CC Devotee

• Community Manager
  • 976 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:37 PM

You'll be very positively surprised about LotR, it's one of the greatest works of fiction I have ever read. The movies are also a masterpiece, but they completely excluded the actual ending, which is 1/5th of the final book, and a huge part of the lore.

I didn't enjoy the movies. I only saw the first one, but it was like two weeks long and still didn't include everything from the books.

I did like the books, though :)

fss_overall.png

#22 Yannbane

Yannbane

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, PHP, Python, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Lisp, Assembly, Bash, Others
  • Learning:Lisp, Scheme

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:20 PM

I didn't enjoy the movies. I only saw the first one, but it was like two weeks long and still didn't include everything from the books.

I did like the books, though :)

But you can't really expect them to include everything... But I guess whether you like it or not depends on the perspective, I watched the movies first, and then read the books. I still think P.J. made a masterpiece, and can't wait for Hobbit!

My blog: yannbane.com. I post about programming, game development, and artificial intelligence.

#23 BenW

BenW

CC Devotee

• Community Manager
  • 976 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:48 AM

Yeah, I'm interested to see how the Hobbit turns out. I think LoTR was spectacular, but I'd have preferred it as an episodic TV show or something that didn't take an entire day to watch :laugh:

fss_overall.png

#24 jason159381

jason159381

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Programming Language:Python

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:46 AM

Warrior Cats series of books in my free time.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download