Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Any bloggers out there?

blog

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Roger

Roger

Skadoosh!

• Administrator
  • 1222 posts
  • Programming Language:C, PHP
  • Learning:Others

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:58 PM

We know you're out there, because we can see it in some of your signatures! :P Have you ever thought about blogging on CODECALL?

One of the major reasons we moved from vBulletin to IP.Board is because IP.Board has a more robust blogging platform. Now that things have settled down a little with the search engines, we're trying to revive our blogging section. So, if you're itching to write/share about your day-to-day life as a developer and would like it to be seen by over 280,000 users per month from around the globe, this is your chance.

Who can start a blog?

Blogging is open to all current CC members, regardless of experience or background. As long as you have an desire to write and share, you're welcomed.

What can I write about?

You can write about anything that has to do with programming or life of a developer. Saw a program you like and want to share it? Write about it! Figured out a new way to do something more efficiently? Blog about it! Have a crazy idea? Get some instant feedback. Have a code snippets to share? Why not?

We only ask that you write your own blog entries (originality) and reference other sources (avoid plagiarism.) Use tags and categories. And all CODECALL Rules still apply to your blog.

When can I start?

I told a friend recently, the best way to blog is to not plan for it but just to start putting words down in the blog. You never know what you want to write until you start it. If you plan to much, you'll never get down to writing it.

Our Blog section is already available at: http://forum.codecall.net/blogs/

Why would I write for CC instead of running my own blog?

Our site is visited by ~300,000 visitors per month from all over the world, so if you like sharing your ideas with tons of people, then this is a great way to get started and get some attention.

How do I get started?

First, you should learn all about our Blog system at http://forum.codecal...lp&do=01&HID=10
After that, you can start a new blog by going to http://forum.codecall.net/blog/manage/ and click on the "Create a Blog" button

If you are interested, sign up and start blogging.

New around here? Click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

Or do a quick search and you may find the answer you're looking for.

#2 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

Then you can be famous, like me!

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#3 Roger

Roger

Skadoosh!

• Administrator
  • 1222 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:49 PM

@WP: you're only as famous as your last blog post. ;)

New around here? Click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#4 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:37 AM

Gee, my last blog post didn't get any responses...

*slinks off into obscurity*

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#5 Roger

Roger

Skadoosh!

• Administrator
  • 1222 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:49 AM

Yes, I think over time, we (I) have neglected the blog section. If we can give it another push, I think we can bring it back easily.

I'm working on a new homepage portal layout that will prominently display the blog entries. If we can get some entries in there (hint, hint), it would be nicely populated when launched.

#6 CriticalError

CriticalError

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:01 PM

Can you put links to your own personal blog then, and website?

I don't mean flood it with advertising your own website, just a link ..like in your signature..

oh and can the blog name be same as my website name? (thecodingguys) or has to be forum name?

#7 Roger

Roger

Skadoosh!

• Administrator
  • 1222 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:29 PM

In general, links to your personal site is no encouraged, unless you have something there that's worth linking to. If you have blog entries with links that are not relevant, it kind of undermines your blog. No one wants to read an entry that just wants them to go to another site. They generally want to read a blog to learn something or be entertained.

I saw your post and it looks fine. It'd be hard to justify a link unless you happen to have a comprehensive analysis of C# vs Visual Basic on your site. Or if your site hosts a long discussion thread about the topic that might be valuable.

You can, however, change the blog name to whatever you like, as long as it's not a domain name. :)

BTW, good first post!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blog

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download