Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

MMORPG project

volunteer projects game design game programming group c++ C# c++

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 mmo-dev

mmo-dev

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Programming Language:(Visual) Basic, Others
  • Learning:C, Java, C++, C#, PHP, (Visual) Basic, Lua

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:52 PM

ok i have a project in plans and looking for any game enthusiast who would like to help with this project

the project is still in planning stage so any new comers are welcome at this time

we are looking for the following skills:
  • Java programmers
  • C++ programmers
  • c# programmers
  • someone to assist with the story line and game mechanic planning
  • beginner to expert programmers welcome this is just a project to being a new game into the scene and to have fun doing do as well as for beginners to get some experience and something to put on paper or just got a hobby
this project will be ongoing and it is for those wanting to mayb thow some free time around have fun and communcate with other developers to create and put your own ideas into a game and when its complete then you can see the work in action

any money the project brings in after completion will be split between the members who have stayed the entire time and contributed to the cause. the game will be a Free to play but will have the option to buy game points to spend ingame on items so income money will be a opportunity to be done. but only with the help from the community this isnt a project one person can do. so if anyone is interested email me at n0cturn4l@charter.net

when emailing me please let me know what position you wish to join in as and what your skills are and ill discuss it more with you

thank you

-- sincerely Matthew Dowell
lead project manager and map designer / texture designer.

P.S: also this Project will be partly under GNU license and partly closed source license if u wish to have your piece of the code as open source ill grant that and make it available to anyone and everyone as pure unedited source. if u wish for your source to be closed and private to only the developers then that will be granted as well so if u put work into this let me know if you want that work to be pubic or private

#2 Orjan

Orjan

CC Mentor

• 2918 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Pascal
  • Learning:Java, C#

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:53 PM

Are you going to mix all three languages in the project? why don't you concentrate on one language?

I'm a System developer at XLENT Consultant Group mainly working with SugarCRM.
Please DO NOT send mail or PM to me with programming questions, post them in the appropriate forum instead, where I and others can answer you.

#3 mmo-dev

mmo-dev

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:48 PM

no im not Mixing but im keeping a open Idea due to the fact this is a volunteer based project and we are still planning i can be flexable with what language we will use i personaly wanna use Unity http://unity3d.com but maybe some people cant or dont know how im willing to fall back on java and c++ or c# thats why i left those open like that Orjan.

are u interested?

#4 Orjan

Orjan

CC Mentor

• 2918 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Pascal
  • Learning:Java, C#

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:24 PM

I don't have the time to, sorry.

I'm a System developer at XLENT Consultant Group mainly working with SugarCRM.
Please DO NOT send mail or PM to me with programming questions, post them in the appropriate forum instead, where I and others can answer you.

#5 mmo-dev

mmo-dev

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:38 PM

ok well thanks but i hope that cleared up ur question. im working on a base storyline and other details which will be posted here when they become updated

#6 CodeTiger

CodeTiger

CC Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Programming Language:Java, C++, C#, JavaScript, Lua
  • Learning:Objective-C

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:09 AM

Do you wanna use the free version of unity or unity pro?

#7 mmo-dev

mmo-dev

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:50 AM

hmmmm not sure yet probaby free till i can afford pro lol why u kno unity well could use sommeone who knows unity well

#8 CodeTiger

CodeTiger

CC Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Programming Language:Java, C++, C#, JavaScript, Lua
  • Learning:Objective-C

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:02 AM

I worked with Unity and know it...but not all the features.
Sry but I can't help you with your project...lot of other work

#9 mmo-dev

mmo-dev

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:10 AM

lol typical answer anyways what do u think about using unity as the game engine?

#10 Yannbane

Yannbane

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, PHP, Python, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Lisp, Assembly, Bash, Others
  • Learning:Lisp, Scheme

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:12 AM

How can we decide? This looks just like any other MMORPG project on the Internet. Everyone eventually gets by the idea of making an MMORPG, it's very tempting, but also, they underestimate the budget and the manhours needed to realize the project.

If you provide more information, I will contact you.

If you're going to use Unity, or a non-C++ programming language, I'm out, sorry. I'm also interested in creating an Entity System for the game.

My blog: yannbane.com. I post about programming, game development, and artificial intelligence.

#11 TatianaStarolatko

TatianaStarolatko

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:19 AM

Hello, 

We are a high-level Unity 3d development team. We work on big interesting projects such as multiplayer online games, social games, TRPG, and etc. also we could develop business 3d projects. Our Software Architect has experience in working on World of Tanks project and many others apps that were developed using C#, Unity 3D Engine. I could send you a presentation of our developed projects, i just need your e-mail address.

We are interesting in developing MMORPG projects. If you would like to contact us, so we could discuss all details in skype or by email. Just let me know - my skype name is tatiana.dsoft.

Best regards,

Tatiana Starolatko

#12 BlackRabbit

BlackRabbit

CodeCall Legend

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3871 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Transact-SQL, Bash, Others
  • Learning:Java, Others

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:27 PM

It looks difficult to find a good team to develop a MMORPG, even more with no money. What I wonder is how far can you go in such a big goal relying mostly in newbies? And it's a honest question. On the other hand, what about designers, sound people, etc ?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: volunteer projects, game design, game programming group, c++, C#, c++

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download