Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Just explain this task?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hacker4life

Hacker4life

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Others
  • Learning:C, Java, C++, (Visual) Basic, Python, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Assembly, Others

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:41 AM

hi, i really dont know what to do in this task, i tried just to see if the number mod 2=0 then print yes, else no. Just look at the task and plz explain:
--------------------

A. Watermelon

time limit per test1 second

memory limit per test64 megabytes

inputstandard input

outputstandard output

One hot summer day Pete and his friend Billy decided to buy a watermelon. They chose the biggest and the ripest one, in their opinion. After that the watermelon was weighed, and the scales showed w kilos. They rushed home, dying of thirst, and decided to divide the berry, however they faced a hard problem.
Pete and Billy are great fans of even numbers, that's why they want to divide the watermelon in such a way that each of the two parts weighs even number of kilos, at the same time it is not obligatory that the parts are equal. The boys are extremely tired and want to start their meal as soon as possible, that's why you should help them and find out, if they can divide the watermelon in the way they want. For sure, each of them should get a part of positive weight.

Input
The first (and the only) input line contains integer number w (1 ≤ w ≤ 100) — the weight of the watermelon bought by the boys.

Output
Print YES, if the boys can divide the watermelon into two parts, each of them weighing even number of kilos; and NO in the opposite case.

Sample test(s)

Input

Output
YES

Note
For example, the boys can divide the watermelon into two parts of 2 and 6 kilos respectively (another variant — two parts of 4 and 4 kilos).
-------------------------------------

#2 Orjan

Orjan

CC Mentor

• 2918 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Pascal
  • Learning:Java, C#

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:15 AM

you have understood it correct according to me. this is a extremely simple task.

I'm a System developer at XLENT Consultant Group mainly working with SugarCRM.
Please DO NOT send mail or PM to me with programming questions, post them in the appropriate forum instead, where I and others can answer you.

#3 Hacker4life

Hacker4life

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Learning:C, Java, C++, (Visual) Basic, Python, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Assembly, Others

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:32 AM

yeah, i figured it out.
if (number>2)and(number mod 2=0) then print yes else print no

#4 Luthfi

Luthfi

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1320 posts
  • Programming Language:PHP, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL
  • Learning:C, Java, PHP

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:53 AM

What you have missed is the results of the division (the parts) must also even numbers, although they do not necessarily be equals.

For example,

• 2 should be a NO. Because 2 can only be divided into 1 and 1. And 1 is not even number.
  • 6 should be a YES. You may think that 6 should be divided into 3 and 3, and since 3 is not even number, then 6 must be a NO. But remember that 6 could be divided into 2 and 4. And both are even numbers.

#5 Hacker4life

Hacker4life

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:58 AM

oooooooooooohhhhhhhhh- I get it. Thats why. Every even number bigger then 2 can be divided into 2 even numbers. Thx

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download