Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

What is your most biggest, complex project you have worked on?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 masky007

masky007

CC Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:52 AM

Personally, i don't have anything that big ..
Though this guy at my work who designed and programmed the whole application for sports betting centers ( our company uses the application in 90 betting centers, in 15 different cities, with 300+ employs, every day!) It amazes me.. he designed, programmed, and polished everything xD

So anyone out there who wants to share his hard worked projects which is proud of?
I would be very glad to read some of the stuff xD

Cheers

#2 Orjan

Orjan

CC Mentor

• 2918 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Pascal
  • Learning:Java, C#

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:18 AM

I'm currently part of a project creating a system for managing all higher education in Sweden, from courses, teachers and stuff to results, exams, graduations and doctoral studies. The project started 2010 and is planned to be done in 2016. I'm in the system design team, not doing any direct programming.

I'm a System developer at XLENT Consultant Group mainly working with SugarCRM.
Please DO NOT send mail or PM to me with programming questions, post them in the appropriate forum instead, where I and others can answer you.

#3 Tonchi

Tonchi

Helping the world with programming

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1249 posts
  • Programming Language:C#, Others
  • Learning:C, C++, Python, JavaScript, Transact-SQL, Assembly

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:03 AM

My personal biggest project is currently "Tennis Helper". It is application for tennis trainers to keep statistics about their players, inovating thing is that you can draw your training and tactics.

Also in soon future, I think it would be the biggest project in my entire life and that's a project for Imagine Cup. It is something for celiac disease (search on google) but I will not talk more about those plans :)

Microsoft Student Partner, Microsoft Certified Professional

#4 fread

fread

Programming God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Learning:C, Java, C++, C#, PHP, Python, PL/SQL

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:53 PM

My biggest is one I am working on right now. I am building a website to provide information that is sometimes difficult to find for the region of the world I live in. Have a look weCaribbean.

#5 Tonchi

Tonchi

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1249 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:12 PM

wow I like that site :) it looks very good!!! tell me more about creating globus of contents which you have on site (down right corner)

#6 fread

fread

Programming God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Learning:C, Java, C++, C#, PHP, Python, PL/SQL

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:19 PM

That is actually a plugin for wordpress. The guy who created the plugin has instructions for use on non-wordpress sites. You can read up on it here: http://www.roytanck....ulus-released/. I can't remember exactly where the instructions are.

#7 Tonchi

Tonchi

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1249 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:41 PM

It would be goog if there is any control for desktop application which can do the same thing

#8 amboxer21

amboxer21

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Bash, Others
  • Learning:Java, Assembly, Others

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:52 PM

Well I wrote a script that parses netstat -antp information for open ports and process. It runs every minute with the help of the watch and screen command and if ports other than 80 and 443 are open it launches a GUI I wrote with the GTK2.xx toolkit. I strongly dislike version 3. It has 2 buttons. One to kill the program completely and the other is to acknowledge that you are aware of the suspicious ports that are open. It takes the parsed netstat output from a file then converts it to GTK standard UTF-8 encoding and displays it in a scrollable textview widget.

I am now working on a client chat GUI with a select server. Which has proven to be very challenging so far! Everything is done on my Arch Linux box.

You can find the suspicious port monitoring daemon/UI project here -> http://www.gtkforums...p?f=16&t=177952

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download