Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Vehicle Online Business

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Irbis

Irbis

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Programming Language:PHP, JavaScript, Transact-SQL

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:48 PM

Hello guys i want to make something like craiglist.org and copart.com but for cars where people can buy-sell cars. I love cars, and programming so i decided to combine these things together. I live in USA Atlanta do you think i can make it? and make these only for our state Georgia. And also i want to use amazon affiliate program where users can buy vehicle parts. What's your opinion? and do i need any papers to run that business :) I am web-developer who know PHP , JS/jQuery, HTML on the pro level!

#2 graphicsman

graphicsman

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:42 AM

nice to see another southern member here :thumbup1:

Im from Nashville and I am working on something a little similar to what you are doing. I did go out and get an LLC a year back. I would suggest going that route and also look into something of a business nature in regards to liability. If you do get a business licence make sure you will not need a tax exempt form (usually if you will be buying parts from manufactures) now from my research if you plan on selling them yourself you will need a resale license from the state of Georgia but if you are just a location to sell you will be fine. AND YES even if you are an online location you will be in a higher tax bracket if YOU are selling items. You will need a limited liability aka terms of condition when signing up that states you are not responsible for anything sold. Basically not letting you be the victim if someone does something shady on your site.

A FYI.... Ive already got 1500.00 spent on legal fees and operational expenses for the legal stuff.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download