Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Need A Developer To Build A Prototype Willing To Pay

open source simulation multi-user 3D

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dhayes

dhayes

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Learning:Java, C++

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:12 AM

Looking for help on building a prototype project using open sources. I have been working on an idea that I have for about 1-1/2 years, I have written a business plan to present to investors however, I am at a stalemate due to the fact I do not have a prototype that I can patent. Potential investors will not meet with me unless I have a patent, therefore, I am seeking help to build my website/project. I would like to design a sports website that is different then existing sports websites. I know this is quite vague but we can discuss in detail if you are interested, please post a reply on this thread or send me an email at david.hayes.555@gmail.com
While my funds are limited, I am willing to discuss compensation.

#2 Private Hash

Private Hash

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, C#, Ruby
  • Learning:Java, Python, Ruby

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:21 AM

Hi! From the looks of it - complicated. I'm intermediate programmer willing to help, but without specific information it's difficult to tell if I can.

good luck!

#3 meewants

meewants

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:15 PM

What kind of specific developers would you want to get some help from, dhayes?

Since this was posted on the C and C++ section of the forum, I assume you need those people? I could recommend some of those experts I work with. You can look at them here if you need their help: https://www.staff.com/skill/C

I think this looks like a really good project. I wish you all the best on this one.

#4 dhayes

dhayes

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Learning:Java, C++

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:57 PM

I am looking for a developer that can create interactive 3D game for the purpose of teaching.

#5 meewants

meewants

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:23 PM

I guess those people will do? Did you check them? Or do you need a more specific skill?

#6 dargueta

dargueta

I chown trolls.

• 4854 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, PHP, Python, JavaScript, Perl, Assembly, Bash, Others
  • Learning:Objective-C

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:22 AM

Moderator note: Moved to "Request Services" subforum.

sudo rm -rf / && echo $'Sanitize your inputs!'

#7 chickensoup

chickensoup

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Programming Language:Java, Objective-C, C#, PHP, JavaScript

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:17 PM

You most certainly do NOT need a patent to sit with venture capital firms(investors). Patents take years to be approved. The only thing you really need to be taken seriously is to file for a provisional patent application($100).

This article may be of some use.

http://www.fourhourw...ies-plus-video/

Personally reading your expectations with this requested service, chances are your not going to find a good enough developer here to make your 3D interactive game. How exactly.... Nevermind. Your going to need a lot of money is all I can say.

My suggestion with the link (unless you're some big-time "hotshot") is that, your best bet at making this idea worthwhile is too "rent" your idea to company that has the assets to make it possible.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: open source, simulation, multi-user 3D

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download