Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Why It Is Important To Study Visual Programming.

visual programming import

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Abnerrex

Abnerrex

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Programming Language:C++, (Visual) Basic, Visual Basic .NET, VBScript
  • Learning:(Visual) Basic, Visual Basic .NET, VBScript

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:07 AM

Why it is important to study detailed code or functions of windows / visual programming, rather there are many professional tools like Visual Studio etc. available that do the same in mush less time as compared to write a detailed code.

Write your opinion.

#2 BlackRabbit

BlackRabbit

CodeCall Legend

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3871 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Transact-SQL, Bash, Others
  • Learning:Java, Others

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:10 AM

could you be more specific ?
one obvious answer would be scope, control and performance, but most of times you don't need any of that

#3 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:06 PM

Visual Basic is coded in Visual Studio, so it's not real clear what you're asking. I can say that doing low-level coding helps you understand the impact of code provided to you. Just because you didn't code a sort algorithm doesn't mean it magically became less than O(n ln n) complexity, for example.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#4 kernelcoder

kernelcoder

CC Devotee

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, C#, Visual Basic .NET
  • Learning:Objective-C, PHP, Python, Delphi/Object Pascal

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:32 PM

Your question is: As a beginner, why do we need to write/read all the basic raw code where we can do the same functionality using the provided components by .NET/Visual Studio? As example, we can create a Button and put it in the form by writing code by ourselves but why don't we just do that by dragging & dropping on form from toolbar? Or, even if we put a button by dragging and dropping, why we need to study/understand the InitializeComponent method? --- Did I understand your question correctly? If yes, we need to do that as a beginner to understand what is happening when we just do drag & drop. If you study this way, you will get more understanding about the things and this practice will make you professional gradually.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: visual programming, import

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download