Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Matrix Multiplication Program

matrix

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 GreggSchaffter

GreggSchaffter

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Programming Language:Java, C++, C#, PHP, (Visual) Basic, Python, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Visual Basic .NET, Lua, ActionScript, VBScript, Others
  • Learning:C, Python

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:36 PM

So, I have been working on a few algorithms for certain mathematical problems that we face today(such as multiplying matrices) and I made an algorithm for that just for the heck of it(I know it has been done before, but what the heck). So here is a screen-shot of my program:

Posted Image

For now, I am keeping this program a Console application until later, when I might think about making it a windows application if it gets anymore popularity. Currently I still need to work on the program being able to build the solution matrix into an actual looking matrix than just a line of text using symbols to represent the rows and columns. A few limitations at the moment are being able to input your own matrix elements into the matrices. At the moment, what you can do is input the amount of rows each matrix will have and then multiply the two matrices to get a solution matrix.

The purpose of this project at first was just for testing a few algorithms I have been working, but now I just wanted to make a simple matrix multiplication program for those who know how to multiply matrices, but don't want to go through the hassle and just want to solve it fast and easy.

I hope to get some feedback.

Here is the download: Download

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: matrix

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download