Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Need Advice On Deleting Files From Hard Drive

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 thatsme

thatsme

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:57 PM

Hi. I have two hard drives which are not inserted into pc. I would like to insert them into pc, delete files from them and check for bad sectors. Could someone tell me which is the simpliest and fastest way to do that? I would be greateful for any help

#2 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:11 PM

The biggest bottleneck will be how you connect it to the computer: USB2.0, USB3.0, Firewire, other.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#3 Jarryd

Jarryd

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, C#

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:03 AM

Hi. I have two hard drives which are not inserted into pc. I would like to insert them into pc, delete files from them and check for bad sectors. Could someone tell me which is the simpliest and fastest way to do that? I would be greateful for any help

The quickest way, you would physically connect your drives with either Sata or IDE (depending on the age of these drives, and if your power suppy has the right connectors), then formatting them with windows or specific software, otherwise, search through the drive and delete specific files manually. However, You can also just plug the drives into a Hard drive dock (obviously if you have one), then use the drives as per normal.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download