Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

How Will You Increase Execution Time Of Php For Processing Large Set Of Records?

Php web Development records

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 WebDevelopment

WebDevelopment

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Programming Language:Java, PHP, JavaScript, Perl, PL/SQL, Visual Basic .NET

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:11 PM

How will you increase execution time of PHP for processing large set of records?

#2 Orjan

Orjan

CC Mentor

• 2918 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Pascal
  • Learning:Java, C#

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:42 AM

by setting the timeout in php.ini, this is usually not allowed on shared hosting, only if you got your own server.
On the other hand, maybe there is another way of fixing the large data so the execution time shortens? optimize the code and it might be a lot shorter execution time. if the data is in a database, maybe a stored procedure can do the job instead of php?

I'm a System developer at XLENT Consultant Group mainly working with SugarCRM.
Please DO NOT send mail or PM to me with programming questions, post them in the appropriate forum instead, where I and others can answer you.

#3 papabear

papabear

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:02 AM

There's a lot of things to consider in order for a webapplication to increase the execution time.

How large is your website... Some websites are not optimize they uses heavy images and not compressed css.. there's a lot of css compressor out there that you can use to compress your css. You can also use PHP compressor to lighten your php files.

The Server - This is the first and very most thing that you have to consider since it's where the transaction is being executed and it was the host of your files.. you have to choose a good web host for your application.

Database optimization - There's a lot of way to optimize your database.. first is by normalizing your database so you have a good control of it.
Life has no CTRL+Z
Never Forget To HIT "LIKE" If I Helped

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Php web Development, records

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download