Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Httpservlet Help

servlet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mctim

mctim

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:16 PM

I'm not even sure where to start on asking this question, but basically here's my problem. I'm building a servlet that is going to do job scheduling. It's supposed work on top of quartz and allow me to everything that the scheduler does via it's doPost, doGet, doPut, and doDelete methods. However I'm having a very hard time try to define the format of my HTTPRequest and my HTTPResponse. My previous experience with servlets were generally focused around web apps where I would have forms and the webpage would call the servlet. Doing that gave me a real sense of what would get passed in and what get's returned. For example, the form would pass in all it's individual fields and the servlet would respond with HTML that defined a webpage. However this is seeming way more complicated being that what I'm actually setting out to do is build a RESTful API. Does anyone have any Ideas about how I should be handeling this problem? I know I've been fairly vague here so forgive me, but there's no code written and no clear idea's about what I should do at the servlet level.

#2 mctim

mctim

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:41 PM

So unfortunately this project is getting s**ped for a more q&d version feel free to post, but at this point it's not very important to me.

on a side note evidently you can't say scrap in past tense in this forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: servlet

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download