Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Tcl Wrapper For Ixia

Tcl wrapper Ixia

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Luc

Luc

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Programming Language:Java, Perl
  • Learning:C++

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:45 AM

Good morning to whom is reading this and thank you in advance for helping me in my quest. My goal is to create a Perl wrapper for an Ixia device. This device uses a Tcl Wish console, which is basicly the same as tclsh but with a different setting of variables, to set chassis, cards, ports, etc. In the wish console, the first thing I need to do is to load Ixia's Tcl library with the command:

package require IxTclHal

Which works perfectly in the Wish console.

BUT, as I write my Perl wrapper, it seems that I can't in any way I've tried (add paths to $auto_path, $tcl_pkgPath, etc) load the said library. These are three error messages that I've seen while trying to successfully load the DLL:

- can't find package IxTclHal at...
- couldn't load library "ixTclHal.dll": invalid argument at...
- couldn't load library "ixTclHal.dll": this library or a dependent library could not be found in library path at...

So, first I wasn't even able to see the DLL. Now, it seems that it fails somewhere when trying to load it. Actually, I can tell that the command "package require IxTclHal" calls IxTclHal.tcl which calls IxTclSetup.tcl and IxTclHalSetup.tcl. It's precisely in this last one that it fail, on the "load IxTclHal.dll" line. But, if I switch this line with the next one (load Mpexpr10.dll), it fails on this last line (which is now first) and the wrapper gives me the third error message.

Can someone help my cause?
Thanks a lot
Luc