Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Which Programming Languages To Start With ?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Era11

Era11

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Learning:C, Java, C++, C#, PHP, Visual Basic .NET

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:42 PM

hello ,

iam new to programming , can any one give me an advice about which language to learn ?
i want a language that is modern and really handy and asked for in work ...

#2 tavichh

tavichh

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Programming Language:C#
  • Learning:C++, PHP, JavaScript

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:28 PM

Windows Languages:
C++ - Hard
C# - Medium
VB - Easy

Web Languages:
PHP - Varies
Javascript - Varies

Also, Welcome to programming and Codecall.
Send a like my way if I helped you or if you found my post useful or even just enjoyed reading my post.
Thank you :)

#3 BlackRabbit

BlackRabbit

CodeCall Legend

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3871 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Transact-SQL, Bash, Others
  • Learning:Java, Others

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:11 PM

well, i would start playing with javascript, since you just need a webbrowser and a text editor to work with, still in that matter i recommed you to download html-kit which preview option is pretty useful for watching what your javascript is doing.

of course, along with javascript you will need to learn some html which is easy.

Once you become proficient on it you can go to php, then you are ready to met real deal OOP and start with some tougher language as c++, .NET (c#, vb.net, etc) or java

keep us informed on your decission, there is plenty of helpful tutorial and people in codecall for you

#4 papabear

papabear

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:00 PM

Hello welcome to codecall programming community.. :)
I'll suggest learning to program in C++, java or PHP because those languages contain some similarity in terms of syntax and logic application.
They are good because they are cross platform language that is highly demanded by so many companies :)
If you learn at least one programming languages there will be no problem in learning the other languages. Yes.. you'll learn the other languages fast that you've never expected because you are almost familiars what are the things you need like looping, control statements, variable declarations etc..
Good Luck in learning your very first programming language and don't forget to check out our tutorials

CodeCall programming Tutorials
Life has no CTRL+Z
Never Forget To HIT "LIKE" If I Helped

#5 gift81

gift81

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, C#, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Transact-SQL
  • Learning:C, Java, C++, C#, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Transact-SQL

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:30 AM

Hello. I'm a programmer and I was a teacher. I taught С/С++, C# .net, Java, DP, XML, SQL Server, Oracle... So if you want to learn these subject call me: SkypeID: igor_shpin.

#6 Era11

Era11

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:36 AM

Hi guys ,

Thanks all for you answers , i think i`ll learn two language together , some .NET C++ or VB with a java ...
if any one got tutorials or data to help i`ll be glad too

#7 tavichh

tavichh

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:13 AM

Before you do, I think it will be good to tell you that learning C++ will not be easy in any way. But once you learn it, you will be the god of programming.All .net languages will come so easily to you. You will be like papabear over thurrrr.

(I'm learning C++ right now from TheNewBoston So what was actually said about C++ being the hardest language is a popular opinon. Microsoft sadly did not rate the difficulty on .net languages.)
Send a like my way if I helped you or if you found my post useful or even just enjoyed reading my post.

#8 Era11

Era11

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:54 AM

so what u think if i started with something more easy such as Vb.net ?

#9 tavichh

tavichh

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:51 PM

That would be a good start. But alot of other ( and more popular ) languages use braces in the language. VB.NET does not. But don't be discouraged, I started here and prob 40% of the total population of programmer's did too. ( Programmer's back to the old fortran age.). Also VB is a new language and is still recieving a large amount of new updates along with C# and C++.

To begin VB.NET I would downlaod VIsual Studio which uses OOD as well as OOP.
OOD is what you want to begin with. This is basiclly saying that its drag / drop most of the time. This is good.
OOP is more advanced but alot of languages ( Like LUA or BS ) don't have any IDE (Integrated development environment) for programming. So this is and should be a priotry if you ever wish to get into non-microsoft-based programming.

#10 fread

fread

Programming God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Learning:C, Java, C++, C#, PHP, Python, PL/SQL

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:03 AM

Welcome to CodeCall, Era11!
I am guessing you don't do much low level programming on your job ( --> Posted Image C :laugh: <-- ). Given that, I nominate Java, JavaScript and PHP.

Happy Coding!

#11 Era11

Era11

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:59 AM

Thanks all for your answer
actually yes i dont do any programming on my work ...
but i want to learn

#12 lespauled

lespauled

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1360 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, C#, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Visual Basic .NET, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Bash

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:49 AM

http://forum.codecal...-for-languages/
My Blog: http://forum.codecal...699-blog-77241/
"Women and Music: I'm always amazed by other people's choices." - David Lee Roth

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download