A quick hello to introduce myself.
I'm interested in programming in general. I try not to limit myself to one language.
My first language was pascal, but I switched quickly to C++.
I also learn PHP and a bit of other languages like perl, ruby.
Generally I like OO programming; also read about functional programming (but it's much harder to learn).
- C++ for being so powerful
- perl because it lets me write tools quicly and easily
- ruby, because it gathers all the cool stuff from smalltalk and perl
- PHP for being so easy to learn
- python, because it tries to tell me how should I format my sources
- java, because it misses some very important features (IMO) like first class functions and function overloading; and because it places every object on heap and makes every method virtual (I don't know java so I'm not 100% sure this is true, but I heard it is)
- pascal, because I don't like it's syntax, and I don't unerstand why using two names (procedure, function) for one thing
- scheme, because I heard it's great language
- OCaml, because I would like to learn functional language and erlang is too complex
- prolog - I just want to try