Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

How To Build Webcam Streaming Client Server Over Internet In C# Windows Form?

windows form C#/Csharp TCP/IP Streaming webcam client server network stream stream

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mysterious

mysterious

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:19 PM

Hi...everyone
I need your helps how to build Webcam Streaming between Client Server in C#?
Thanks in Advance

#2 BlackRabbit

BlackRabbit

CodeCall Legend

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3871 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Transact-SQL, Bash, Others
  • Learning:Java, Others

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

It looks like nowadays it is a looot better than when i had to do it for windows 98, take a look at this article and code, its almost a wizard:

http://www.codeproje...NET-Framework-4

I don't know exactly what you want to do since you say :

between Client Server

It sounds more like a server either broadcasting to many viewers or many cameras centralizing the video capture in a server.

The other alternative is peer to peer, meaning you connect to another persons camera as in a video conference.

First scenario you will have to either code a udp based media server or get an actually working one and tune the client to that protocol and connect to that fixed url or ip address of the server.

Second scenario is just one application used in both sides of the peer.

please tell me a little more about what are you planning to do so i can give you a better idea on what to do and what to look for, but for sure, in the desktop application you will have to learn a little about directshow/directx/opengl in order to understand how the video stream travels, decodes, and is processed from the camera to the video output you will be listening to.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download