Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

C++ Game Development Tutor

c++ Game Development SFML DirectX9 Tutor

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 blackfire227

blackfire227

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:27 AM

I am offering to teach anyone game development in C++ and also how to create 2D games with SFML 2.0 and DirectX9. Lessons will include beginning with basic C++ syntax and usage and then move on to creating simple games. The end goal of all the lessons will be to create a fully functional 2D game written with SFML 2.0. As a bonus, DirectX9 will also be covered a little bit. Payment can be arranged and negotiated on, and paypal will be used for transactions. The payments options are either weekly or hourly and again can be negotiated.

You can contact me by email: sarim.janjua2013@gmail.com or just leave a comment below.

Feel free to contact me at anytime if you have questions.

#2 tavich

tavich

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Programming Language:C#
  • Learning:C++, PHP, JavaScript

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:35 AM

Do you have a portfolio? If so, you should post it. Your not going to get any customers most likely if there is no proof that you can actually do any of that.
Send a like my way if I helped you or if you found my post useful or even just enjoyed reading my post.
Thank you :)

#3 blackfire227

blackfire227

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:46 AM

Well not exactly since this is my first time teaching anyone, but it's not like im going to be charging alot. Most likely it will be very cheap when first starting off. Might even do it for free for the first few people.

#4 tavich

tavich

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Programming Language:C#
  • Learning:C++, PHP, JavaScript

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:09 AM

hmmm...I may be interested. Would you even teach someone who does not know C++ at all?
I am familiar with other programming languages. Just not C++.
Send a like my way if I helped you or if you found my post useful or even just enjoyed reading my post.
Thank you :)

#5 blackfire227

blackfire227

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:14 AM

yeah of course :) Just email me at sarim.janjua2013@gmail.com and we'll talk

#6 enigmatic_Overlord

enigmatic_Overlord

CC Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:58 AM

How long do you think it would take from start to finish?

#7 blackfire227

blackfire227

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:05 AM

hmm...i would say anywhere from 4-6 months to get the hang of it and make games on your own. Of course everyone learns differently and it varies from person to person but i think that should be a good estimate of average time it would take.

#8 papabear

papabear

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

this is interesting as I would like to learn game development, I wonder how many hours you will teach your student per day? Is this by skype? or email? Video lessons or written? You also said that you might offer it for free to some first people.. I'm willing to become one of those people and give a good feedback and suggest you if your way of teaching was good :)
Life has no CTRL+Z
Never Forget To HIT "LIKE" If I Helped

#9 blackfire227

blackfire227

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:01 PM

Lessons would be conducted over skype for voice chatting and team viewer would be used so we could see eachothers computer screens in real time. My schedule would allowme the following hours to teach:

Mon-Fri 4PM-10PM EST
Saturday 6PM-10PM EST
Sun 10AM-10PM

If you are interested please contact me at sarim.janjua2013@gmail.com and we can set something up.

#10 enigmatic_Overlord

enigmatic_Overlord

CC Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

Well I have no expendable money at the moment due to being a University student without a job, but if you are willing to teach without pay I would be more then likely to tag along and give you constructive feedback.

#11 blackfire227

blackfire227

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:36 AM

Hey i dont mind. In fact i would love some constructive feedback. Email me :)

#12 robbiewoods05

robbiewoods05

CC Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Learning:C++, C#, Haskell

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:05 AM

I'd be interested as well, but I don't have a constant supply of money so that could be a problem. If you are happy to do if for free, that would be great.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download