Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Interviewing For Web Services Automation Developer: What To Know?

advice coldfusion

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tonyd

tonyd

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

Hi all.

I have recently been asked to apply for a web services automation test developer position with a large development firm. I feel excited and nervous for the upcoming meeting.

Nervous mainly because I've only been in the software development industry for about 4 years now, and out of those years most of my experience has been in the front end of things. Developing in Java, PHP and ColdFusion (HTML, CSS, JS, etc etc).

I have some experience working in web services, but not much. Again, because of my lack of experience in this area I am completely surprised that I was asked to interview.

From what I know about the job, they primarily use .NET technologies; developing in C# and I believe ASP.NET.

My question is this: would anyone have any advice or suggestions on what practices or even classes/objects would be best to know going into an interview like this?

I've searched quite a bit online for discussions around this and have come up a bit dry.

Thanks for any advice.

Tony D.

#2 Orjan

Orjan

CC Mentor

• 2918 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Pascal
  • Learning:Java, C#

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:08 PM

It's not even sure that they acutally talk in such detailed level of knowledge as classes, but talk personality and attitude instead. Often, knowing a language itself is't the important, but knowing how to program and how to develop software.

I'm a System developer at XLENT Consultant Group mainly working with SugarCRM.
Please DO NOT send mail or PM to me with programming questions, post them in the appropriate forum instead, where I and others can answer you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: advice, coldfusion

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download