Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Drawing Tablet & Monitor Set Up Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RoseBride

RoseBride

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:12 PM

Hello,

I have a Vis tablet, an older one, and a Samsung monitor I am using on my 2008 Macbook. The tablet, laptop, and monitor work fine. I can get the monitor to work well on my Mac with an adaptor and the right settings. I can also get the tablet to display to the Samsung monitor, which is so much nicer. But the issue I am having is that the drawing space on the external monitor is still the same size as the Mac's monitor. Even though the pen is set to run off the external Samsung. So I can only draw on two thirds of the monitor space when I have the dual monitors going. Which is basically useless.

I have looked around and haven't been able to find out anyway to fix this. If anyone has had this problem or any suggestions, please let me know. Thank you.

#2 Jarryd

Jarryd

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, C#

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:33 AM

Once you have connected a secord monitor to your MacBook or MacBook Pro you have to configure different settings. Display settings let you specify the screen size and the resolution of the second monitor you're adding to the mix.

Mac OS X will generally do a good job of auto-detecting the monitor size, resolution and even manufacturer.

System Preferences -> System Preferences -> Enable Spaces / Show Spaces in menu bar (disable)
System Preferences -> Displays -> Display Resolution

#3 gregwarner

gregwarner

Obi Wan of Programming

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1586 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, C#, PHP, Transact-SQL

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:31 AM

It might be something in your tablet's mapping settings. I don't know about your brand, but I use a Wacom tablet which I've mapped to one of my two monitors using the Wacom's control panel. I could just as easily map the tablet to the whole Windows desktop, so I could control the mouse over both monitors, but my tablet isn't physically large enough to make this feasible. (Since it would result in way too fast movements horizontally, while remaining slow vertically.) But the key is that it's the tablet's controls that handle the screen mapping. Perhaps there's something in the settings for your tablet that will allow you to specify which areas and which monitors to map its area to.

ti-99-sig.png
Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.
– Douglas Hofstadter, Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download